While some industries have struggled during the Covid-19 pandemic, some have thrived due to lockdown restrictions. DIY stores, home delivery, and shopping services are just a couple of those that have undergone a boom time as habits have changed and another is the gambling industry and in particular esports betting.
With many betting sites reporting a massive increase in bets on esports gaming, particularly when sporting events had been cancelled in many parts of the world, there has been an increased requirement on companies to ensure that those gambling on esports are doing so responsibly and that is what Betway are doing with their latest promotional campaign.
Responsible Gambling Tools
On their website, Betway have made a steadfast commitment to helping their punters “Stay in control” of their gambling, and to allow them to do that, they have introduced a number of Responsible Gambling Tools to help them when using the website.
The tools have been available on the site for some time, but have been brought into greater focus in recent times both due to the Covid-19 pandemic and also due to the UK government’s greater restrictions on problematic gambling, which has pushed the onus onto betting sites and providers to ensure that their customers can access tools and features to help them gamble responsibly.
To this end, Betway offer a number of different options for customers to help them with their gambling if required.
- Deposit Limits – These are limits that can be set by the customer which means that they cannot make a higher value deposit over a stated period of time than a pre-determined amount, such as £50 per day for example.
- Session Reminders – One of the key issues problem gamblers have is the fact that on gambling sites they lose track of time and spend much more than they intended too. With Session Reminders in use, players are reminded at various points of just how long they have spent on the site.
- Take a Break – If a customer feels that their gambling is starting to become a problem, or they want to stop gambling for a short while and do not want the temptation to bet there, then one option is to Take a Break with Betway. Here you can stop yourself from being able to access your account and the site for a stated period of time (as decided by the customer). This means when you try to log in, you won’t be able to for the duration you have set.
- Account Closure – In certain circumstances, it may be prudent for an individual to close their account. Betway allow users to do this following a simple Account Closure procedure which removes their account.
- Self–Exclusion – A player can also decide to exclude themselves from the site using the Self-Exclusion process. This will permanently exclude them from accessing the site and is similar to the Take a Break option but will be in place continually.
Focus on Responsible Esports Betting
What is different about this campaign is that it is the first time that it has been aimed at esports betting in particular, with a number of Betway Tweets featuring Esports players and teams prominently in the post.
The campaign seems a very prudent move given the massive increase in esports betting in recent times and the UK government’s initiatives to reduce problematic gambling in the UK.
Featured Image Credits: @betwayesports