Liquid vs Complexity Preview and Prediction: BLAST Fall Showdown AM Grand Final
Two of the favorites meet in the Grand Final of one of the last CSGO tournaments, as Liquid face Complexity for a spot in the Royal Arena at BLAST Fall Finals in Copenhagen.
Bet on the Grand Final: Best Sites and Promos
Liquid vs Complexity (20:00 CEST, Oct. 8)
Liquid’s struggles after switching to a majority European roster have been apparent ever since its inception:
- The team missed out on a playoff berth in Malta, losing out in the EPL S18 Last Chance bracket to Eternal Fire.
- Failed to progress through the first round of matches at Gamers8
- Fell short of making the main IEM Cologne draw, as a result of suffering devastating losses to Astralis and 9INE in the Play-In stage.
The team’s shortcomings eventually led to the benching of Rainwaker, one of their newest recruits, in favor of putting their coach, daps, in his place for the time being.
Many thought that daps would be the one to in-game lead the team over the course of the BLAST Showdown, but it was revealed that YEKINDAR will be the squad’s caller until the end of the event, with the in-game leadership mantle changing over to daps as they turn their focus to CS2.
Complexity have shown massive improvements since acquiring EliGE from Liquid, where he spent over eight years of his career. The BLAST Fall Showdown Grand Final will be the first time he gets to play against his former teammates.
- The Americans are coming in hot after a great showing at ESL Pro League S18, where they surprised multiple top teams with their high level of performance.
- The Juggernaut defeated 9INE and Cloud9 on their way to the playoffs, before falling short in an extremely close battle to a star-studded G2 roster and later being eliminated by an equally impressive Monte.
A plethora of North and South American teams have played second fiddle to Team Liquid for many years, and Complexity are eager to take over as the best team from the Americas region. However, the former Grand Slam Champions won’t make it easy as NAF and oSee have been firing on all cylinders this tournament, sporting 1.33 and 1.26 ratings, respectively.
CS:GO betting is a form of entertainment to be enjoyed responsibly. Set your limits before you play and stick to them. If you think you may have a gambling problem, seek help. Speak to your local Responsible Gambling organization for support.
Although historically Liquid had the upper hand in matchups against Complexity, it is the latter team that the CSGO odds favor in the BLAST Fall Showdown Grand Final. Nevertheless, Liquid being the underdogs is understandable when taking into consideration their recent results and the fact that they are playing with their coach as a stand-in.
- Prediction: Liquid (1-2) Complexity
- Odds: Liquid Win (2.09), Complexity Win (1.73)
- CSGO Betting Site: GG.Bet
Odds are subject to change.
Read next: BIG vs Cloud9 Preview BLAST Fall Showdown EU Grand Final