DreamLeague Season 13 is the 2nd Major of the Dota Pro Circuit. The tournament brings together the best 16 teams in the world and provides numerous Dota 2 betting opportunities. It also offers 15,000 qualification points for The International and a prize pool of $1 million. If you want to learn more about how to place DreamLeague Season 13 bets and who the best competitors are, read our Dota 2 Betting Predictions.
DreamLeague Season 13 is scheduled to take place between January 18th – 26th in Leipzig, Germany. The event will have two stages.
For the Group Stage, the teams will be divided into four groups of four. Each group is played in a double-elimination format. Every match is Bo3. The top two teams advance to the Upper Bracket. The bottom two teams advance to the Lower Bracket.
The Playoffs Stage is played just like The International. It starts with Bo3 matches in the Upper Bracket and Bo1 ones in the Lower Bracket. The rest of the event consists of Bo3 matches, apart from the Grand Final (Bo5). The format used here is once again GSL (double-elimination).
Prize Pool and Points Distribution
The rewards of the 16 teams will be as follows:
- 1st place: $300,000 + 4850 points
- 2nd place: $160,000 + 3000 points
- 3rd place: $110,000 + 2100 points
- 4th place: $80,000 + 1350 points
- 5th – 6th place: $60,000 + 900 points
- 7th – 8th place: $40,000 + 450 points
- 9th – 12th place: $25,000 + 150 points
- 13th – 16th place: $12,500 + 100 points
DreamLeague Season 13 features the best 16 teams in the world, based on qualification results. These teams come from the 6 official regions of the Dota Pro Circuit.
- Europe: Nigma, Team Liquid, Team Secret, Alliance
- China: Invictus Gaming, Vici Gaming, Team Aster
- Southeast Asia: Reality Rift, Fnatic, TNC Predator
- CIS: Virtus.pro, Natus Vincere
- North America: Chaos Esports Club, Evil Geniuses
- South America: paiN Gaming, beastcoast
Most of these teams are well-known at the pro level and have numerous notable achievements. But some are fairly new on the big stage of DPC. And I’m not referring to Nigma, which is nothing but KuroKy’s old roster under a new name. I’m referring to competitors like Reality Rift.
Here’s a quick separation of the teams based on tiers.
- Team Secret
- Vici Gaming
- TNC Predator
- Invictus Gaming
- Evil Geniuses
- Chaos Esports Club
- Team Liquid
- Natus Vincere
- paiN Gaming
- Reality Rift
- Team Aster
DreamLeague Season 13 Bets
If you’re contemplating placing some DreamLeague Season 13 bets, these are by far the best opportunities:
- beastcoast is playing with a stand-in and will be much weaker than usual as a result. The replaced player is Wisper, who is likely one of the best members of the roster.
- Reality Rift and paiN Gaming are complete outsiders and should be betted against at every turn.
- Nigma is likely to turn into a dark horse at this event. KuroKy has been missing for a while and he’s always hungry to win when that happens. He already won the Minor to get to the esports tournament.
Image courtesy of DreamHack