Following weeks of anticipation, the ESL Pro League event is finally kicking off. Accordingly, the event will feature multiple stages of competition, all building up towards the epic prize pool of $850,000. Starting with the Group Stage, Group A looks incredibly difficult to predict – read on for a dose of our very own ESL Pro League Season 17 Group A predictions below!
Top-Rated Betting Sites for the Group Stage
If you’d like to bet on CS:GO competition, we highly recommend this event due to the awesome stakes at hand. Beyond the suggested platforms above, we also recommend the likes of Thunderpick and GG.Bet.
Thunderpick offers the unique option to manage your bets through cryptocurrency as discussed in our Thunderpick review, while cash betting with GG.Bet has never been easier when opening your own GG.Bet account.
Helpful Tips for Betting on the Group Stage
Consider the following tips if you’re looking to learn how to bet on CSGO as a beginner:
- Stay up to date with the best CSGO teams in the world and any relevant news.
- Use only the best esports betting sites.
- Placing bets – consider placing Winner bets, Handicap Bets and also Special bets to spice things up.
- A unique betting market in CSGO is ‘bomb betting’ where bots revolve around the use of the bomb within each round – there are many other examples of special bets like this one,
Remember, the higher the risk, the higher the rewards – let’s take a look at the ESL Pro League betting odds below!
ESL Pro League Season 17 Group A Odds
Prior to the matches kicking off later tonight, we’ve accessed GG.Bet in order to source the winning Odds for the opening sets of matches. Take a look below, with the associated times listed in the CET timezone:
Odds provided by GG.Bet on February 22nd, 2023:
- Outsiders (1.1) vs IHC Esports (7.02) – 16:00
- MIBR (4.34) vs Fnatic (1.21) – 16:00
- Cloud9 (1.13) vs Evil Geniuses (5.8) – 19:30
- G2 Esports (1.05) vs Eternal Fire (9.52) – 19:30
Group A Teams
Between February 22nd and 26th, the following eight teams will be fighting through Group A, trying to make it to the next stage of the competition:
- IHC Esports
- Evil Geniuses
- G2 Esports
- Eternal Fire
ESL S17 Group A: Format and Schedule
Within Group A, like the other groups, a triple-elimination format will be taking place, with BO3 matches. Specifically, with three brackets, teams have three lifelines while starting in the Upper Bracket – any team losing three times is eliminated. This format allows for some incredible CS:GO betting opportunities!
Seeding into the next stage of competition is determined by the following criteria:
- Winners – advance to Quarterfinals
- Runners-Up – advance to Round of 12 (High Seeds)
- 3rd place – advance to Round of 16 (High Seeds)
- 4th place – advance to Round of 16 (Low Seeds)
For the ESL Pro League Season 17 schedule, we recommend visiting the official ESL CS:GO Twitter page!
Group A Predictions
Overall, predictions are best made using a standardized list of rankings. Here’s how the competing teams currently rank on the ESL CSGO World Ranking:
- #1 – G2 Esports
- #4 – Outsiders
- #10 – Fnatic
- #14 – Cloud9
- #18 – IHC Esports
- #19 – MIBR
- #24 – Evil Geniuses
- #28 – Eternal Fire
As favorites of the entire tournament, G2 Esports look likely to dominate the group, trailed by the likes of Outsiders and Fnatic.