As the final group ahead of the Playoffs, ESL Pro League S18 Group D betting is the last chance to bet on who’ll make it to the next stage. Involving another 8 strong competitors, only half of the teams will move on – read on as we preview these matches offering predictions, tips & odds below!
Best ESL Pro League S18 Betting Sites
Group D Teams & Seeding
Completing the Group Stage of this S-Tier event, the format for this fourth group is identical to the three previous groups as outlined in our ESL Pro League betting guide.
Here are the eight teams competing based on their seeding ahead of this event, all teams highlighted by the best CSGO betting sites:
- Permanent Partner Team – G2 Esports, Complexity, Team Liquid
- ESL World Ranking – Cloud9, 9INE
- European Conference – Eternal Fire
- ESL Challenger Katowice – Virtus.pro
- ECL S44 Asia-Pacific – Lynn Vision
Format and Schedule
The stakes for Group D are clear. As a triple-elimination format group, elimination from the competition involves losing a total of three times – learn more about formats through our CSGO betting tips.
With all teams starting on equal footing in the Upper Bracket, the Mid and Lower Bracket is reserved for teams who falter once or twice. Each match is a BO3 and seeding into the Playoffs works with the following system for each group:
- 1st – Quarterfinals
- 2nd – Round of 12 as High Seeds
- 3rd – Round of 16 as High Seeds
- 4th – Round of 16 as Low Seeds
With many matches to look forward to, there is a great number of esports betting opportunities to consider here with CSGO odds.
Specifically, all of the Group Stage matches take place between 20-24th September. Here’s a look at the opening matches to look forward to:
Group D – Upper Bracket Quarterfinals – 20th September
- Team Liquid vs Virtus.pro (16:00 CEST)
- Lynn Vision vs G2 Esports (16:00 CEST)
- Cloud9 vs Eternal Fire (19:30 CEST)
- Complexity vs 9INE (19:30 CEST)
Ahead of the Group kicking off, this betting preview takes a closer look at two of the Upper Bracket Quarterfinals matches. Specifically, the CSGO odds are provided by Thunderpick, a cryptocurrency esports betting site. We recommend learning more about Thunderpick in our Thunderpick review.
ESL Pro League S18 Group D – Betting Preview
Team Liquid vs Virtus.pro
Team Liquid are sticking to their namesake – they haven’t looked solid in a while. Jokes aside, despite participating in many top events, they have little to show for it, their best performance being 3-4th at the IEM Katowice 2023 event.
Meanwhile, although Virtus.pro is competing in Tier 2 CSGO for the most part, they are a favourite here thanks to their consistency. Specifically, their 5-8th finish at Gamers8 2023 was very impressive for a team with a lack of practice at the highest level.
Bearing this in mind, Virtus.pro are the esports betting sites favourite here.
- Predictions: Team Liquid (0-2) Virtus.pro
- Odds: Team Liquid Outright Win (+300), Virtus.pro Outright Win (-500)
- Betting Site: Thunderpick
Complexity vs 9INE
Undoubtedly, Complexity is one of the more disappointing rosters in CSGO. Despite their effort to compete with the best, their 21-24th finish at IEM Cologne 2023 was definitely a blow to the team.
On the other hand, at the same event, 9INE managed to impress with a 13-16th finish and also participated at Gamers8 2023.
Once again, it seems that the predominantly Tier 2 team is favoured here.
- Predictions: Complexity (1-2) 9INE
- Odds: Complexity Outright Win (+140), 9INE Outright Win (-200)
- Betting Site: Thunderpick
Image Credits: IEM