After the release of patch 12.1 in League of Legends (LoL), Riot Games is already working towards the following patch 12.2. Compared to the first update of the new season, the developers have a lot more changes coming, including Tahm Kench and Janna’s minor reworks! With that being said, let’s take a look at our preview of the 12.2 Patch Notes!
LoL patch 12.2 – When is it coming?
Riot Games kicked off the 2022 season with the 12.1 patch which arrived on Jan. 4. Following the usual two-weeks update schedule, patch 12.2 is set to reach the live servers on Wednesday, Jan. 19. As always, Riot Games will be updating the game during the morning, depending on the region. Here are all the key LoL patch rollout times, as you will be expecting a few hours of downtime:
- 3am PT (NA)
- 5am GMT (EUW)
- 3am CET (EUNE)
- 8am KR (Korea)
Now that we’ve got the schedule out of the way, let’s see what the LoL patch 12.2 has got for us!
What changes will we see in LoL patch 12.2?
Zeri will be live on Summoners’ Rift in 12.2, Tahm Kench and Janna minor reworks
A few days ago, Riot revealed its newest champion, Zeri. From Arcane to Summoners’ Rift, the newest ADC carry will electrify everyone with her powers! You will see her kit below in the patch rundown; in case you want to see how her kit plays out, check out this video to have a detailed explanation of her kit!
Aside from Zeri, there are more major changes to the champions. Tahm Kench and Janna will receive minor reworks: the River King will have its lane sustainability nerfed, while also increasing its utility in the support role. Personally, however, I think that the changes won’t really help him into the transition, but they will surely tone down his power in the top lane.
On the other hand, Janna will have her poke power transferred across her kit. As a champion who heavily relied a lot on its W and E shield to pressure the enemy team, Riot is looking to grant her more skill expression by empowering her Q as well as removing the cooldown reduction on the E. To further lower its poking power, Janna’s attack range was also reduced by 50 units, as well as tweaking her passive.
Patch 12.2 Preview Rundown
Be aware that these changes have not been confirmed. Most of them will likely go through, but some might still receive minor tweaks prior to the official release of the patch.
- Whimsy (W) cooldown increased from 16/15/14/13/12 to 17/16/15/14/13
- HP per level increased from 85 to 95
- Duskbringer (Q)
- AD ratio increased from 75% to 85%
- HP regen lowered from 7.5 to 6
- Edge of Ixtal (Q) – Elemental Wrath grass trail duration lowered from 3.5s to 3s
- Inferno Trigger (R)
- Damage per bullet increased from [0/10/20 (+50%AD)] to [5/15/25 (50% AD)]
- Twilight Assault (Q)
- Increased Q damage lowered from [5/5.5/6/6.5/7%] to [4/4.5/5/5.5/6%] target’s max HP
- Rake (W)
- Bonus Monster damage lowered from 130% to 105%
- Baleful Strike (Q)
- Cooldown lowered from 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 to 6/5.5/5/4.5/4
- Stacks from Large Minions/Monster increased from 2 to 3
- AD per level increased form 3 to 3.5
- Sky Splitter (E)
- Cooldown lowered from 15 to 13
- Steel Tempest (Q)
- AD ratio increased from 100% to 105%
- Mortal Steel (Q)
- AD ratio increased from 100% to 105%
- Death Mark (R)
- Base damage lowered from 100% AD to 65% AD
- Burst Fire (Q)
- Uncharged right click damage lowered from [20-50 (+.05 AP)] to [15-40 (+.04 AP)]
- Uncharged right click damage multiplier vx low healh enemies increased from [3x] to [4x]
- Ultrashock Lazer (W)
- Missile speed lowered from 2500 to 2200
- Spark Surge (E)
- [New] Zeri gets an 800 range vision bubble while dashing in a wall (doesn’t see into brush)
- [New] This now reveals Zeri to nearby enemies within 800 rnage while grinding over walls
- Lightning Crash (R)
- On-hit damage lowered from 20-30 to 10-30
- New Recipe: [Sheen + Aether Wisp + Fiendish Codex + 550g]
- [Removed] Ability Haste
- Spellblade passive damage lowered from [150% base Attack Damage + 40% Ability Power] to [75% base Attack Damage + 50% Ability Power]
- Cooldown lowered from 2.5s to 1.5s
- AP lowered from 90 to 75
- Health increased from 350 to 400
- Total cost lowered from 3000g to 2600g
- Combine cost lowered from 815 to 415
- AS per stack changed from [13% Melee/ 7% Ranged] to [10-15% Melee / 5-9% Ranged]
Rose, Firecracker, Porcelain skins
Riot Games are also releasing a lot of skins for the next update including two new Crystal Rose skins, two Withered Rose, five Firecracker designs and the six Porcelain line up which also includes one Prestige version. Xayah will also be getting her first Prestige skin, an upgraded style for the “Brave Phoenix” skin that was released halfway through the last season.
Here’s all the skins in this update:
- Crystal Rose
- Withered Rose
- Xin Zhao
- Lux Prestige Edition
- Brave Phoenix Xayah Prestige Edition