This year’s League of Legends World Championship will take place in North America after being held across the World for a few years.
Just like every other year, the LoL Worlds 2022 will also consist of two stages, play-ins, and the main event. 12 teams will compete in the play-ins to qualify for the main event’s group stage. The other 12 teams’ journeys will start from the main event, after the finalization of the play-ins.
Here is everything you need to know about the LoL Worlds 2022, including the schedule, dates, host cities and draws.
LoL Worlds 2022 Schedule & Key Dates
The 2022 League of Legends World Championship will kick start on September 29 and the entertainment will continue until November 5. The period includes play-ins, groups, quarterfinals, semifinals, and the grand final.
- Play-Ins: September 29 – October 4
- Group Stage: October 7 – 10 and October 13 – 16
- Quarterfinals: October 20-23
- Semifinals: October 29-30
- Grand Final: November 5
LoL Worlds Host Cities & Venues
As announced, the event will take place in North America but it is spread across the United States. LoL Worlds 2022 starts in Mexico City and Riot Games will take us to New York City, Madison Square Garden. Before moving to San Francisco for the grand finals, the players will stop by Atlanta to compete in the semifinals. Originally, the semi-finals were going to be played in Toronto, Ontario but Riot Games changed the location due to Canada’s COVID-19 restrictions.
- Play-Ins: Mexico City at the Arena Sports Stadium at Artz Pedregal
- Group Stage: New York City at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden
- Quarterfinals: New York City at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden
- Semifinals: Atlanta, Georgia at the State Farm Arena
- Grand Final: San Francisco, California at the Chase Center
LoL Worlds Participants & Regional Seeds
There will be 24 teams competing in the biggest challenge of the season. These teams will be clear according to their regional performances. However, different regions have different slots according to their past achievements on the international stage. All the regions will have one representative, except LEC who will have two because of LCL not being able to attend the esports tournament due to political reasons, in the play-ins but the most successful ones have privileges regarding the main event. The list can be found below:
- LCK (Korea): 4th Seed
- LPL (China): 4th Seed
- LEC (Europe): 3rd and 4th Seeds
- LCS (North America): 3rd Seed
- PCS (Southeast Asia): 2nd Seed
- VCS (Vietnam): 2nd Seed
- TCL (Turkey): 1st Seed
- CBLoL (Brazil): 1st Seed
- LJL (Japan): 1st Seed
- LLA (Latin America): 1st Seed
- LCO (Oceania): 1st Seed
- LCK (Korea): 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Seeds
- LPL (China): 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Seeds
- LEC (Europe): 1st and 2nd Seeds
- LCS (North America): 1st and 2nd Seeds
- PCS (Southeast Asia): 1st Seed
- VCS (Vietnam): 1st Seed
As explained above, the LoL Worlds 2022 will be similar to the previous competitions. Check our LoL Worlds tournament page for the latest scoop.