The esports focused betting operator, Unikrn has announced another one of their popular novelty market bets. This time punters will get the chance to bet on the upcoming Mortal Kombat movie.
The new Mortal Kombat movie is set to hit theaters worldwide on April 16 and Unikrn is primed to get in on the action. They are offering a wide range of novelty bets on the upcoming film that range from the Rotten Tomatoes score all the way to how many times the phrase Mortal Kombat is spoken in the film.
Much like Unikrn let armchair investors make some money on the recent GameStop stock debacle, they are now letting movie buffs turn their extensive film knowledge into some cold hard cash.
Mortal Kombat Bets on offer
- Rotten Tomatoes Audience score by the end of April: Under 50%- 1.70 or Over 50%- 2.00.
- Rotten Tomatoes Critic/Tomatometer score by the end of April: Under 35%-1.50 or Over 35%- 2.50.
- Opening weekend box office including HBO by the end of April: Under $80 million- 1.65 or Over $80 million- 2.20.
- Number of times Mortal Kombat is said, including the credits: Over ten times- 1.83, Under ten times- 1.83.
- Total number of fight scenes: Five or less total Fights- 1.60, Six or more total fights- 2.10.
- Which characters will be featured in the first fight: Sonya Blade + Anyone Else- 1.40, Sub-Zero + Anyone Else- 1.40, Cole Young Solo- 1.66, Cole Young + Any Character- 1.72, Sonya Blade + Raiden + Jax- 2.00, Scorpion + Sub-Zero- 3.00, Sonya Blade + Liu Kang + Kano- 3.50, Mileena + Shang Tsung + Liu Kang- 5.00.
- Which characters will be featured in the final fight: Cole Young + Anyone Else- 1.10, Sub-Zero + Cole Young + Sonya Blade- 1.50, Jax + Sonya Blade + Cole Young- 1.72, Mileena + Kabal + Kano- 2.00, Shang Tsung + Mileena + Kabal- 2.00.
Other Unikrn Novelty bets
One of the last major novelty bets from Unikrn was allowing their users to place bets on the over/under of GameStop’s stock price by the end of February 2021. They were offering a 1.8 payout on whether the stock will end up over or under $225 by the end of February. They also offered odds on other “meme stocks” like AMC and still currently offer running odds on cryptocurrency like Bitcoin. In fact, they have a long play bet that allows their customers to bet on the outright price of Bitcoin by the end of 2021.
Unikrn have a good history of offering unique bets and their experts are great at offering odds on non-standard betting scenarios so this is a great chance for anyone who is interested in checking out an esports focused betting site without having to learn the ins and outs of titles like League of Legends or CS:GO. Unikrn are already one of our favourite esports betting sites out there, and their novelty bets are just the icing on the cake of an already stellar customer experience.