PUBG Mobile have announced a new professional league for Europe, Middle East, and Africa regions (EMEA).
This is a replacement for the PUBG Mobile Club Open (PMCO) regional finals. There is $100,000 in prize money and the top three teams will get a place in the PUBG Mobile Global Championship.
The new league looks like a replacement because of the recent ban of PUBG Mobile in India, as the majority of the teams that would have taken part in the Asian section of the PMCO would have come from India.
The league will start on October 16th and will be split into two. The first part is the EMEA league, and it will take place over a two-week period and the second, the EMEA Finals, will take place in the third and final week of the league.
32 teams will take part in the league, they will be split into groups and compete against one another in the groups to earn points. After the first two weeks, the top 16 teams will advance to the finals, the points will be reset, and they will compete again for the three spots at the PUBG Mobile Global Championship.
The list of teams that have qualified for the EMEA League are as follows:
- Four teams from Europe: UDR KILLERS, GODSENT, Bloodline, Polar Ace
- Four teams from Turkey: Mod-Z Esports, Blaze Esports, REIGN Esports, Klas Game Esports
- Five teams from CIS: KoninaPower, NaixCS, DreamEaters, Team 1218, Alliance
- Five teams from Saudi Arabia: Baad, OshTekkWarriors, HeadQuarters, The Force, SWAT69
- Three teams from Germany: Marines Force DE, 8rESPORTS, HOT LINE
- Five teams from Iraq: IRAQI ELITE, ARAB GSG, FRAG MACHINES, The Monster, Punishers
- Three teams from Egypt: Fear Eleven, Vibes 6, The SniperS
- Three teams the Middle East and Africa qualifier: YaLLa Esports, 1 Bullet, ROYAL ESPORTS
Featured Image Credits: PUBG Corporation