The Brazilian international football player, Casemiro, announced that he has created his own esports organisation, CaseEsports. The Real Madrid midfielder has joined the growing number of football players who have started their own esports teams.
New CS:GO Team
His organisation has also announced their first esports team, an all Brazilian CS:GO team. The team will be based in Madrid, where Casemiro currently lives, and will be the location for the full organisation.
• Paulo “land1n” Felipe: 26 years old, an awper who has international experience in the United States. He has accumulated 30 titles in his career, and his main achievements were the three “GamersClub Masters”, which is one of the largest championship in Brazil.
• Denis “dzt” Fisher: 23 years old, is a support and a player with a lot of international experience, having already participated in championships in the United States and Europe. Recently he played “Clutch Circuit” and “CBCS Brasil”, the two most prestigious regional championships in Brazil.
• Felipe “delboNi” Delboni: 22 years old, a lurker. He is currently the MVP (Most Valuable Player) of “CBCS Brasil”, best known for his stints with Santos Esports and INTZ.
• Yan “yepz” Pedretti: 23 years old, a player with passages in FURIA! Academy and Santos eSports, in addition he also has international experience, when he worked for the New England Whalers.
• Vinicius “n1ssim” Pereira: 18 years old, an entry-fragger, and considered a young Brazilian promise. He’s been through FURIA Academy and played “CBCS Brasil” for two seasons while defending the SKULLZ team (ex-pro gaming).
The team has already been practicing in Serbia for weeks and when they settle in Madrid they will be set up with an office and a gaming house.
Speaking to HLTV, Casemiro said “This team was created out of a hobby of mine that I really enjoy. I wanted to take it to a professional level, and just like in my career, I want them to be the best. I know that creating a new team and winning titles will take time and require a lot of work, but I hope that the players and the fans will really enjoy this project.”
Land1n and dzt are the most experienced players on the team. They have both competed in North America under Team Tempo from 2017 to 2018. The other three players are less well known but they do have some experience in the national Brazilian scene. While Casemiro started the organisation with some major confidence, it doesn’t seem likely that we will see this team as serious competitors, at least for some time.
Casemiro isn’t the first sports star who has gotten involved in esports and he certainly won’t be the last. We’ve seen Gareth Bale, Sergio Aguero, David Beckham, and more all getting involved by either starting their own or partner with different esports organisation.