PayPal Betting Sites 2023
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on PayPal betting sites! PayPal was first launched in 1998, emerging as an industry-disrupting peer-to-peer payment platform. Since then, it has grown immeasurably, becoming a household name and a payment solution for billions of people worldwide.
As PayPal has grown, it has become popular in other ways, and today, we’re looking at one of those ‘alternate use cases’ by discussing the top PayPal betting sites. This guide will provide you with a thorough understanding of what PayPal betting sites are, the top sites that accept PayPal as a payment method, and the benefits of using this method when gambling online.
Best Betting Sites Accepting PayPal
We’ve taken the time to compile a list of some of the best betting sites accepting PayPal as a payment option:
For the most part, there are few betting sites with PayPal, and the betting sites accepting PayPal as a payment method tend to be top-tier platforms. As it’s a relatively easy-to-use function and is highly trusted, many bettors – esports or otherwise – tend to feel quite safe when given the option to deposit or withdraw funds on a betting site using PayPal. These days, there are so many payment options that, at times, it can make your head spin.
Typically, betting sites will offer the likes of MasterCard, Visa, Skrill, Neteller, SafePay, and even cryptocurrency as payment options. It’s quite an array, and some people will use their preferred method and never change it. So, as many bettors want to use PayPal, we’ve taken the time to highlight some of the best PayPal betting sites above, so you don’t have to go searching.
If you’re going to use PayPal as a payment method of choice to fund your esports betting practices, you’ll have an easy time of it. As we’ve already stated, PayPal is a trusted and preferred payment solution for hundreds of millions of users. More importantly, it’s an all-digital, technological way of paying for something. That’s something that resonates with esports fans, given that their passion is centred around something that is almost all digital itself.
How to Use PayPal to Bet on Esports
So, you’ve signed up to one of the esports betting sites listed above and now you want to know how to use PayPal to bet on esports. Fortunately, it’s quite a simple process, and in fact, you’ve probably already gotten started on your journey of esports betting with PayPal. If you haven’t, then read on, follow the steps we’ve outlined, and you’ll be placing bets in no time at all.
How to Deposit Using the Best PayPal Betting Sites
- Firstly, you’ll need to sign up and open a PayPal account – this is a fairly obvious first step, and it takes just a few minutes.
- Once you’ve provided the information necessary for PayPal to process your application, you’ll be able to link a bank account, debit, or credit card to your account to add funds or link up a payment process.
- It’s important to bear in mind that if you’re using a bank or a debit card, transactions are typically free, but if you’re using a credit card, you can expect a charge to be applied. Of course, the difference is that credit card deposits take place much faster than debit or bank transfer deposits – and that works the same way for withdrawals, too.
- Once your PayPal profile is completed and ready to go, the next step is to journey back to the best esports betting site you can find. When you’ve successfully logged in, you’ll need to link your PayPal account in the settings tab of the betting site.
- Then, you’ll be prompted to make a deposit, and how much you fund your account with is entirely up to you. Once you’ve completed that final step, you’re ready to start placing bets and (hopefully) winning wagers.
How to Withdraw Funds from Betting Sites with PayPal
If you’ve become a pro at using PayPal to make deposits into your betting wallet, then we’ve got good news. When you’re withdrawing funds, it’s the exact same process, but it’s flipped. Now, you’ll be logging into your betting platform of choice, navigating to the ‘withdraw funds’ tab, selecting where you want the funds to be withdrawn to, which in this case is PayPal, and then kicking off the transaction.
It’s worth keeping in mind that you don’t need to withdraw all of your winnings at one point – you can retain some if you so desire. By doing this, you keep a little money aside to fuel future bets, as opposed to dipping into your PayPal account to produce fresh funds every time. Furthermore, some platforms – particularly the stricter ones – will ask for identification verification before they actually process the withdrawal of funds.
Once you’ve completed the withdrawal process and the money is in your PayPal account, you’re ready to do whatever you’d like with it. Of course, you’re free to just leave it in the account, but you can also withdraw it one step further and pull it back into a back account. If you’re shopping on another website and you use your PayPal account to pay, they’ll promp you, asking if you want to use your PayPal credit or another payment option.
Key Benefits of Using PayPal Betting Sites for Esports Betting
- At the top of the benefits pile firmly sits the fact that only the most well-regulated, licensed, and reputable platforms can use PayPal as a payment method. There’s something of a trust game in place between PayPal and these top-tier PayPal betting sites, and only the most well-governed platforms unlock the privilege of featuring the payment solution on their site.
- For the most part, this practice ensures that these esports betting sites are safe and fair and offer responsible gaming at all times. They’re using provably fair games, and they’re above board, totally legitimate, and reliable.
- There’s another key advantage to using betting sites accepting PayPal, and that’s the extra layer of anonymity and safety. For instance, PayPal betting sites do not require your bank details, and they won’t have any way of retaining that information in their data records. Therefore, this gives some bettors an extra sense of safety and security, as it’s one less platform that retains their payment details.
- Overall, PayPal is just a fluid, seamless, and easy-to-use platform that boasts billions of users for a very good reason – it just works.
Are there any Disadvantages of using PayPal Betting Sites?
There are almost no disadvantages to using PayPal on betting sites – except for one. Unfortunately, there may be transaction fees associated with either deposits or withdrawals, and if for some reason, you’re using a foreign currency through PayPal, a conversion rate fee may also apply. It’s negligible, but it’s still something to be lost.
The only disadvantage of using PayPal on betting sites, or indeed with any other form of transaction, are the fees that are associated with some forms of payments or withdrawals, notably credit cards. However, if you can link another payment source, such as a bank account, to your PayPal account, then you can enjoy fee-free wagering on all the top PayPal betting sites.
PayPal Betting Sites: Final Thoughts
There’s no doubt about it – PayPal betting sites are some of the safest, most reliable, and most reputable platforms out there. There’s no real reason not to use PayPal as a payment method on esports betting sites, as the advantages clearly outweigh the disadvantages.
As time goes on and digital payment processing becomes the norm, platforms like PayPal will dominate the financial markets. It’s a good idea to get on board now and get used to using PayPal for esports betting. So, if you’ve been on the fence and asking, for example, ‘does Bet365 accept PayPal’, we can confirm that yes it does, and you should absolutely start using it.
PayPal Betting Sites FAQ's
Yes, you can. Many betting sites now accept PayPal for making deposits and withdrawals. However, this ewallet isn’t featured on all betting sites. You can only use PayPal on a site that has been approved by PayPal for your gambling. Any site that has not been approved by PayPal will not offer the service to its customers.
Yes, esports betting sites accepting PayPal also includes a wide range of sites that offer esports betting, as well as specialist esports betting sites. Again, these sites have to be approved by PayPal before they can offer it as a method of payment.
Simply head to your account section, click on withdraw, enter how much you want to withdraw, and then select PayPal as your withdrawal method. You must of course have a PayPal account set up and have used it to fund your sports or esports betting account and you may also have to complete a verification process with your site if this is your first withdrawal with them.
Once the funds have been withdrawn, they will be in your PayPal account usually within 24-48 hours.
PayPal offers its users fast payouts and instant withdrawals. Plus, there are often low minimum amounts for making deposits and withdrawals.