Corner betting is big news and so we’ve prepared this guide that gives you all of the corner betting tips you’ll ever need. We’ll cover the basics of how to bet on corners and answer all of those common questions like, ‘What is corner range in betting?’ This means that you can come up with your own corner betting strategy and enjoy a superior way to bet on football. So join us to see why so many people are starting to bet on corners.
Recommended corner betting sites
What is corner betting?
Corner betting is basically where you bet on how many corners will be gained over the course of a game of football.
Here are the different types of corner bets that you might come across at all good corner betting sites:
- How many corners will be gained over the whole of a match
- How many corners a particular team will get in a match
- How many corners will be gained in a particular half of a match
These bets are usually put on in the form of an over/under bet. So you might see a bookmaker offering a bet for Full Time Total Corners at 7.5. This means that you would then bet on whether there would be more or less than 7.5 corners occurring over the whole of a game.
Why is corner betting so popular?
Corner betting is popular because it simply offers you a different way to bet on football. Rather than betting on the match result or goals scored, you can sometimes find value in those games where both teams get a lot of corners.
It’s a particularly good kind of bet to try when you have two attacking teams who aren’t necessarily able to convert all of their chances into a goal. Above all, corner betting is a great way to liven up a game of football, even if it turns out to be a goalless draw.
Try Corner Betting on BC.Game with Crypto ➥
Getting started: How to bet on corners
It’s so easy to bet on corners at any of the betting sites featured on our list. Here’s what you need to do:
- Sign up to the betting site and verify your account.
- Make a deposit.
- Navigate to the sports betting section and pick which football match your want to bet on.
- Scroll through the list of betting markets until you find the corners betting area.
- Select the corner betting odds you want to bet on, enter your stake and submit your bet.
Read our comprehensive guide on how to get started with a BC.Game account.
What is the corner range in betting?
You will usually see bookmakers offering you a range of corners that will potentially occur during the course of a match.
Here are some of the most common corner ranges that you’ll come across:
- Corner range 0-4 meaning: Whether there will be between none and four corners occurring in a game.
- Corner range 0-8 meaning: This is where there will be anywhere between none and eight corners gained during a match.
- Corner range 3-4 meaning: This is a tighter kind of bet where you’re predicting that there will only be either three or four corners in a game.
- Corner range 5-6 meaning: Here you are simply betting that there will be five or six corners earned in a match.
- Corner range 9-11 meaning: This is an optimistic bet that there will be anywhere between nine and 11 corners occurring in a game.
RELATED CONTENT: What does BTTS mean in betting?
Coming up with the best corner betting strategy
If you want to successfully bet on corners, you will need a good corner-betting strategy. There are no shortcuts here because the best corner betting strategy is always to do your research into how each of the teams plays so as to predict how they are going to compete against each other.
Obviously, those teams that are renowned for their attacking play are the most likely to get more corners, while those that sit back and hope to counterattack will get fewer corners.
But be aware of the context of the overall season or tournament that the teams are playing in. This is because you’re likely to see more corners in a knockout tournament like the Champions League knock-out rounds compared to a dead rubber game in the Premier League.
Some of our favourite corner betting tips
Worried about making your corners bets? Fear not as these corners betting tips is here to help you out.
- Combine with other bets: Lots of betting sites let you combine bets, so you could bet on something like the team to win the most corners as well as the team to win the match.
- Watch the late starters: Some teams start slowly but get better as the game goes on. Bear this in mind when you are betting on how many corners are gained in each half.
- Watch the local derbies: These games can always throw up plenty of fireworks and are a good choice for betting that there will be lots of corners.
READ ALSO: Arbitrage in betting
Play at the best corner betting sites
The good news is that the vast majority of betting sites now let you bet on corners. Just bear in mind that there can be quite a lot of difference in terms of how many corners betting markets you can access, as well as the overall odds on offer. So be sure to shop around before you put down your corners bets.
Stay here for more corner betting tips
We’ve shown you that betting on corners offers you a great new way to think about betting on football. No longer will you be locked into making bets on the result or even the goals scored, as you can simply enjoy betting on a completely different facet of the game.
This is just part of our series of betting guides that all aim to give you greater control over how you bet. Remember that each of these guides will be constantly updated, so make sure that you check back here to get even more corner-betting tips.