Throughout popular culture, it has been proven time and time again that size is no barrier to the relative success and combat ability of a character. Few will forget the diminutive Yoda battling both Count Dooku and Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars series of films and there are an ever-increasing number of heroes that come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
This diversity is also now being reflected in a number of popular esports titles, perhaps none more so than the exciting first-person battler Overwatch. Since its release in 2016, the game has proven to be a huge success for developers Blizzard, culminating in the massive success of its franchise-based pro competition Overwatch League.
Part of the excitement for players is that for each game, they can select from a number of characters within the Overwatch universe, each of whom has their own special skills and powers. These characters come in a range of heights and ages and our list below shows you just how tall each of the Overwatch characters are.
Overwatch Characters Height
- 2.23 metres (7ft 4”) – Reinhardt, Orisa
- 2.20 metres (7ft 3”) – Baston and Roadhog (also Winston when standing upright)
- 2.18 metres (7ft 1”) – Doomfist
- 1.96 metres (6ft 6”) – Junkrat
- 1.95 metres (6ft 5”) – Zarya, Moira
- 1.91 metres (6ft 3”) – Brigitte
- 1.85 metres (6ft 1”) – Reaper, Soldier:76, McCree
- 1.82 metres (6ft) – Ana, Echo
- 1.80 metres (5ft 11”) – Pharah
- 1.75 metres (5ft 9”) – Widowmaker
- 1.73 metres (5ft 8”) – Hanzo
- 1.72 metres (5ft 7.5”) – Zenyatta
- 1.70 metres (5ft 7”) – Mercy, Symmetra (also Winston when standing normally), Genji
- 1.67 metres (5ft 6″) – Ashe
- 1.66 metres (5ft 5”) – D’Va (mechless)
- 1.62 metres (5ft 4”) – Tracer, Sombra
- 1.60 metres (5ft 3”) – Lucio, Mei
- 1.40 metres (4ft 7”) – Torbjorn
There are a number of heroes for which official height data could not be found, but which have been estimated based on how their character compares in their in-game ‘heroic pose’ to other characters whose height is known. These heroes are shown in italics above.
Read also: Overwatch Betting
There are three characters whose height we have not been able to confirm. They are Wrecking Ball, Baptiste and Sigma.
The data for this has been collected from a number of different articles, videos, comics, conferences and events all created by Blizzard. It should also be noted that certain in game modifications, such as characters using certain armoured items (like helmets) could increase the overall height of the character when dressed in that particular garb.
Overwatch Characters Age
In addition to a character’s height, Blizzard have also confirmed the ages of the characters in Overwatch and they range over a surprising range with over 61 years between the oldest and the youngest characters. All figures are shown in years.
- Under 1 year – Orisa (Orisa started fighting in the game at 1 month old).
- 14 – Wrecking Ball
- 19 – D’Va
- 20 – Zenyatta
- 23 – Brigitte
- 25 – Junkrat
- 26 – Lucio, Tracer
- 28 – Symmetra, Zarya
- 29 – Winston
- 30 – Baston, Sombra
- 31 – Mei (biological age, her chronological age is 40)
- 32 – Pharah
- 33 – Widowmaker
- 35 – Genji
- 36 – Baptiste
- 37 – Mercy, McCree
- 38 – Hanzo
- 39 – Ashe
- 45 – Doomfist
- 48 – Roadhog, Moira
- 55 – Soldier:76
- 57 – Torbjorn
- 58 – Reaper
- 60 – Ana
- 61 – Reinhardt
- 62 – Sigma
- Classified – Echo
How does your height compare to that of your favourite Overwatch character? Would they be much taller or smaller than you?
Remember you can check out all the latest Overwatch esports betting by following the link and you can see whether height, or age, is a key factor when it comes to top flight gameplay.