Anyone who likes their betting on sports to be short, sharp and settled as soon as possible should check out what micro-betting is about! This is a form of live betting on in-play events that really strips sports wagering down to the basics. Offering excitement and challenge as well as speed, micro-betting can add another dimension to your wagering. Read on to find out more!
What is micro-betting?
This type of wagering has only recently become a phenomenon, so it can be rare to find it covered in betting guides if you’re looking for an answer to the question, ‘What is micro betting?’ We can help, however! If you want micro-betting explained to you, you’re in the right place.
Micro betting is a form of in-play betting where you bet on events in a match or game. The difference between micro-betting and other forms of live and in-play betting is that micro-bets can be settled before the end of play. For other forms of live betting, you usually need to wait until the action stops for an interval or half or full-time before your wager can be settled.
Micro betting offers varied opportunities
One of the best sports for micro-betting is soccer, but games such as cricket, baseball and golf also offer great opportunities. Sports such as the latter three move a little more slowly than other sports, which can offer you more time to make better micro-betting decisions. You need to be prepared to move at speed when micro-betting!
- Typical micro bets on a soccer match include events such as the next yellow card or the next corner, or who will score the next goal.
- For cricket, markets might include events that will occur on the next ball or in the next over, such as whether a no ball will be bowled or whether a wicket will fall or s six be struck.
As you can see, you really need to understand your sport at a deep level to be able to make accurate predictions of this type. If you were betting on CSGO, for example, then things might move very quickly indeed, so you need to be ready to act swiftly when the opportunity presents itself.
How to start placing micro bets
To start placing micro bets, and indeed any type of bets, these are the typical steps you’d have to follow:
- Open an account at an online bookmaker that offers micro betting
- Head over to the site’s Live section
- Find your sport
- Locate the game that you are watching
- Look for the micro betting section, which might be labelled as ‘live props’
- Select your wager and bet size and add it to your slip swiftly before the odds change!
READ ALSO: What you should know when opening an online betting account
Microbetting strategy hints and tips
As with any kind of sports betting, the key to successful micro-betting is knowledge. Your knowledge of your chosen sports or esports needs to be really sharp with micro-betting. This fast-moving form of wagering will really test just how deep your insight into a sport is!
Here are some tips and hints on how to put together a strategy that can bring success in this form of betting.
- Focus on one or two sports: It is a good idea to narrow your focus of research down to one sport or at most two for this type of wagering. The reason for this is that micro-betting really tests your knowledge of specific situations in matches, so your focus needs to be sharp and narrow. You need the kind of deep familiarity with a sport that only obsession can bring!
- Follow all the latest news: Following the latest news in their chosen sport is something that all sports bettors should be doing anyway, but it is especially important when it comes to micro-betting. When you’re making judgements about bets in seconds during the action on the pitch or the court, then you need to know every nugget of news about injuries, particular skills or anything else that can help define the success or failure of your wager.
- Pay close attention to the matches you watch: When it comes to making wise selections while micro-betting, detailed game knowledge is essential! It is just as important to watch matches on which you are not betting as closely as possible for one specific reason. To be a successful micro bettor, you need the kind of detailed insight into the action that only comes from paying close attention to the action. Every game you watch in your chosen sport is a learning opportunity!
- Stay calm and don’t chase losses: When the bets are flying and the pressure is on, it can be hard to stay calm, especially if you just lost two or three micro bets in a row. It is important to remember that betting is fun, so if you feel stressed, remember to stop betting. Never chase losses by placing bets with bigger stakes – that will destroy your entire strategy as well as your bankroll!
Now that you have seen micro-betting explained, you should have a good idea about to handle this type of wagering. While it is very simple, you do need to be able to think quickly and move fast for it to work well. Make sure you check out our other esports betting guides before you dive in!