Our team of esports betting experts has prepared the ultimate PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds – PUBG – betting guide. We’ll walk you through the core PUBG betting concepts, illuminate the best tournaments, highlight the top betting sites and explain the gameplay concepts to kick-start your gambling. So, without further ado, let’s get to it!
Where to Gamble on PUBG Esports
There’s something special about finding the perfect PUBG betting site and winning your first wagers. If that’s something that appeals to you, then it’s of the utmost importance that you track down the best esports betting site possible. There are countless platforms out there, but not all of them can be trusted – and some of them can feel like a chore to use. Fortunately, we’ve compiled a snapshot list of the best PUBG betting sites online today.
Social Crypto and Esports Betting
Exclusive VIP Club with unique Rewards
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, XRP, USDT & more accepted
If you’re using one of these esports betting sites, you can rest assured that your PUBG bets are being placed safely, securely, and on as reliable a site as possible.
PUBG Betting Sites and Wagering
Fortunately, every rule has exceptions.
- Bookmakers like Thunderpick Esports, Betway, and Pinnacle are renowned for their PUBG betting offers. Granted, it can be difficult to settle on a single platform since each of these sites brings something unique to the table.
- For instance, Betway Esports makes its presence known with broad tournament coverage and an excellent €30 risk-free bet on esports matches.
- As for Pinnacle Esports, it has a long-standing history of providing generous odds to its customers, so you’re more likely to find value betting opportunities here than on other esports betting sites.
Another thing to consider is market diversity. It’s common to see varied betting offers when dealing with other esports, but that’s not the case with PUBG. In fact, your betting on PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds options will come down to standard match-winner and tournament-winner wagers. This might seem restrictive at first glance, but remember that every other PUBG bettor will have to work in the same environment. And it’s the way you approach these markets that will decide whether you can make a profit in the long run.
In the end, your choice of bookmakers will come down to personal preference. It might be tempting to get a head-start with high odds or lucrative welcome offers, but you also need to look for other ways to set yourself up for success. Or, better yet, experiment with different PUBG sites to find out which platform meets your gambling needs the need. You could experiment a little, or go for the proven operators such as GG.BET to be certain that the betting PUBG markets and odds are in line with your expectations.
Pre-Game vs. Live Markets PUBG Gambling
The most exciting way to bet on esports is in real-time and not surprisingly, the best PUBG bets are also live. GG.BET has the perfect platform for those who switched to live action, with markets that differ slightly from what is available pregame. The good news is that the odds are virtually the same, so punters are not at a disadvantage if they choose to bet after the match has started. Furthermore, the bookmaker updates the odds quickly, so there are no delays and no risks of missing out on stellar opportunities.
Battle Royale games are ideal for live wagering and the in-play bet PUBG market shows a lot of promise. With up to 100 players taking part in the game, the most exciting betting options are available long after the match has begun. That’s because volatility decreases significantly when there are only a few players still standing. Punters don’t feel like gambling when they make these decisions and enjoy a greater degree of control when dwelling on this type of betting PUBG.
The Best Tournaments for PUBG Bets
The PUBG competitive scene is a bit different from that of other esports. For one, most tournaments are organized by the game’s publisher, so you can count on them having talented players, professional broadcasts, and ample prize pools. The flip side is that you don’t have a ton of events to gamble on. In fact, all premier competitions are a part of the official PUBG tournaments circuit. GG.BET dedicates ample coverage to these events and provides punters with multiple markets for betting on PUBG games.
So, what does this mean in practice and how does it apply to the hottest PUBG odds out there?
In 2022, a PUBG esports roadmap was published that set out the path for the year ahead. This year, there are four global tournaments, including the PUBG Continental Series, the PUBG Nations Cup, and the PUBG Global Championship. For the Continental Series, two major events are split up between AM/APAC and Asia/Europe tournaments, with regions hosting their own contests that lead up to the PUBG Global Championship.
There’s also the return of the PUBG Nations Cup in 2022, which is a global tournament featuring the greatest PUBG players from various nations. Last played in 2019, the Nations Cup is an exciting, high-stakes tournament that boasts a $500k prize pool. It’s one of the most important tournaments in the PUBG esports ecosystem, but it doesn’t contribute towards the end-of-year PGC event.
At the end of the roadmap comes the opportunity to gamble on the PUBG Global Championship. This is a massive end-of-the-year event where the best teams from each region compete for fame, glory and a chunk of the multi-million dollar prize pool. And if you want to get involved in betting PUBG matches in major competitions, you need to know the strengths and weaknesses of all existing regions.
PUBG Gambling: Get an Edge on Your PUBG Bets
There’s no better way to ruin your betting career than autopiloting. It’s easy to get into the habit of logging in to your gambling account and going through the motions of betting PUBG. It’s also a road that leads to nowhere. For instance, GG.BET provides punters with the option to bet PUBG matches, but this should be done in a coherent manner to maximize the results. Every veteran gambler knows the importance of continuous refinement, so here are 3 tips to help you make better gambling decisions.
- Do your research. At its core, gambling is a game of information. You need to be able to tell the underdogs from the favourites, which means putting in the time and effort into studying player strengths, team identities, and meta strategies. Resources like Liquipedia and the PUBG subreddit are invaluable for this, so make sure to visit them to expand your knowledge. It’s a good tip to check out the best PUBG players to get an idea of how they really play.
- Manage your bankroll. If there’s one thing uniting everyone in the PUBG vs Fortnite debate, it’s that these games are very different from conventional esports. The playing field is vast, and every match involves a high degree of randomness. In moments like this, you need to be very conservative with the way you make your wagers. As a rule of thumb, you don’t want to risk more than 5% of your total bankroll on a single bet—after all, even the best teams in the world can fumble because they didn’t get a good drop or didn’t play around an unpredictable flank.
- Answer the tough questions. We’ve all been there: you think you have a good read, you fill out your bet slip, and then… your wager falls flat. It’s easy to wave this off as bad luck or unforeseen circumstances, however, that’s the exact opposite of what you should be doing. Instead, take a step back and ask yourself whether you made a good decision in the first place. Did you do enough research? Did you have a good grasp of the meta? Was your judgment clouded by emotions or irrational thinking? Introspection is important for eliminating errors in your game, so always try to look for something you can improve on.
There are many things that should be considered when betting on PUBG, and we’d be lying to you if we said that winning is going to be easy. It’s all about dedication and hard work. But you can go a long way if you’re willing to put in the hours and learn from your mistakes.
How PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is Played
For a while, critics were toying with the idea that PUBG is dying, but that statement couldn’t be further from the truth. Since 2022, PUBG has been free-to-play, and when that change was introduced to the existing operating model, player numbers soared.
The PUBG gameplay patterns will be very familiar to anyone who’s ever tried a battle royale game. The obvious caveat is that PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is the title that invented said patterns in the first place. With that, every PUBG match starts with the drop stage that has dozens of players parachuting from a plane onto an isolated map. The exact number of players varies depending on the mode you’re playing. Regular matches allow up to 100 players to be present in the same game. Still, esports tournaments usually cap the number of participants at 64 to make it easier to follow the action.
Once players stick the landing, it’s time for the real action to start.
The goal of PUBG is simple: be the last player (or squad) standing at the end of the match. That’s easier said than done, though, as all participants start the game with no weapons, ammo, or other equipment. With that, players have to scavenge the map in search of loot and supplies while fighting off enemies that are trying to do the same thing.
But wait, there’s more! The playable area is constantly shrinking, and anyone caught outside of it will start taking damage until they die or make their way into the safe zone. This creates a unique dynamic where players have no other choice but to funnel into the same area and confront each other in thrilling shootouts. Some of the best fights were promoted by streamers and they even made their way on social media. This contributed to the surging popularity of the game and drove more people to bet on PUBG.
There are no tricks or gimmicks here. And if you were to draw a PUBG vs Fortnite comparison, you’d realize that the only thing PlayerUknown’s Battlegrounds pros can rely on is their aim and reaction time. Combine that with the split-second decision-making required to adapt to the ever-changing flow of the game, and it’s not exactly surprising why PUBG betting took off with flying colours.
Before you start betting on PUBG, consider checking out our breakdown of the best PUBG streamers the digital world has to offer.