Gaming tournaments have always been a crucial part of the esports ecosystem. The roots of competitive gaming might be in players chasing high scores and showcasing their skill on digital arenas, but esports wouldn’t become the global phenomenon it is today without the actual trophies and venues. And there’s no better way to prove this than to look at the numbers.
Over the years, video gaming tournaments went from having limited viewership and token prizes to reaching multimillion audiences and record-breaking prize pools. So, how on earth did this trend start? And just how big will it get in the future?
Esports & Gaming Tournaments for 2019
- DreamHack Esports Events – DreamHack Winter World of Gamers
- EU LCS – LoL Esports Standings & History
- LCK Standings & Infos – League of Legends Champions Korea
- LoL Worlds: Schedule, Champions, Standing, Odds & Live Streaming
- Mid-Season Invitational: the MSI Narrative Capsule
- NA LCS: Structure, Format, Odds and Live Streaming
- Rift Rivals: Structure, Format, Live Stream