FIFA 23 is the most sought-after game for enthusiasts of FIFA betting since it represents the last collaboration between EA Sports and FIFA. While both entities are set to part ways, the game remains a top choice for many. In our comprehensive guide, you’ll discover the finest online FIFA betting experiences and, naturally, all the essential details about the game and its esports framework.
FIFA Esports Betting Sites
Let’s begin with a list of some of the best FIFA betting sites. Outlined below, you will find our list of favorite sites that offer some of the best betting on FIFA that you will find anywhere online today:
The FIFA series of games is one of the biggest-selling series of games in the history of gaming, notching up over 325 million sales by 2021 and likely to have well surpassed now with the release of more titles since.
Now a fully-fledged esports title with its own infrastructure, many fans not only enjoy playing the game in all its different game modes, but they also enjoy discovering the best young players in FIFA, which has also led to many enjoying betting on FIFA esports.
FIFA Betting Sites and Wagering
If you are enjoying a bet on FIFA esports, then it is important to know which site is going to be one that appeals to you the most. To assist you with that task, we have given you a little more detail on some of the best FIFA betting sites, which we have outlined below.
These four esports betting sites provide a vast array of FIFA bets on premier FIFA tournaments. Additionally, they present some of the best esports odds out there, along with an excellent selection of other esports betting opportunities and a solid welcome bonus to kickstart your experience in the best possible way.
One site that is well worth a look for FIFA betting, in particular, is GG.Bet. There’s an eye-catching bonus for new customers that could be worth as much as €300 when you sign up (depending on the size of your deposit).
GG.bet offers an extensive range of FIFA esports betting markets throughout the year on all Global Series events and plenty of other tournaments too, which in our view, makes this site one of the very best FIFA betting site options.
Read our GG.Bet review for an expert assessment on this site.
A modern esportsbook needs to satisfy players with a big selection of different games to bet on, and MyStake certainly delivers in that regard. The website has an enviable live streaming section as well as competitive odds; when it comes to the user experience, a wide selection of payments are accepted, including crypto, which is a major plus.
If you are registering at MyStake for the first time then the welcome bonus is worth 100% up to $500, which is a great boost to your first deposit.
For more details, our MyStake review has you covered.
Thunderpick is a popular choice for many esports enthusiasts, given that the site is an esports specialist and that it is one of the best for the size of its Welcome Bonus of 100% up to $/€550 that you can claim when you use our link.
Alongside its wide array of esports titles, the site boasts an extensive FIFA betting section, with all the top tournaments and qualifiers covered from all over the world. FIFA-based soccer battle betting is also readily available on the site.
Given that this is a cryptocurrency-based site, Thunderpick is a great choice for anyone that wants to use popular cryptocurrencies for their FIFA bets.
Read our Thunderpick review to learn about this bookie’s features and offerings.
BC.Game is a leading name in the world of esports, with an extensive range of markets that will appeal whatever your taste. This includes a brilliant selection of FIFA matches to bet on – helpfully, there are subsections listed so that you can choose games that take place from your favorite leagues.
Additionally, there are live streams available as the matches takes place, as well as the latest data so that you can place wagers in-game.
On top of this, your first deposit will be boosted up to $1000 and there are plenty of other ongoing promotions once you have signed up. Our full BC.Game review has all of the details so that you can decide if this is a FIFA 23 betting site that suits you.
Finally, Bet365 is another company that offers an excellent range of esports betting to customers. It may not be an esports specialist, having earned its reputation as a sports betting site initially. Still, it has developed its esports service markedly over the years to offer a wide range of bets on many games within the esports industry.
You can also now enjoy FIFA battle betting on the site too. Add to that a great value welcome bonus, and it is easy to see why bet365 is such a popular site with sports betting punters, esports bettors and those who enjoy FIFA betting.
Read our bet365 review for more information on this operator.
FIFA Betting Tips
As with all types of wagers, placing a FIFA bet does not mean that you will be a winner, even if you know all there is to know about the game and the esports professionals battling it out on screen. With that in mind, we have brought you some quick and easy FIFA betting tips which we think will help you achieve more success when placing your FIFA bets in the long run.
- Do some research – Most punters won’t place a bet on a selection without at least doing a little research and that should also be the case for people enjoying a little betting on FIFA too. The FIFA esports wiki is a useful resource, as is the FIFA Liquipedia wiki page. You can also glean useful information from the FIFA subreddit The official FIFA page on the Global Series can also provide you with plenty of great information.
- Don’t bet more than you can afford to lose – It can be tempting for novice punters to think they are onto a winner, back it with more money than they are comfortable with and then see their ‘certain’ winner, end up losing. Don’t fall into that trap. Keep your bets at a sensible level to your bankroll (1/20th of what you have available is a sensible amount).
- Don’t chase your losses – Even the very best punters lose and that is true in FIFA 23 betting as it is in any other form of betting. One thing not to do is to throw more money away after losing the first by chasing your losses by making an increasing number of longer odds bets. Keep a cool head, reflect on why your bet didn’t work out, and go again another time.
- Bet using the markets most in your favor – One of the easiest ways to give yourself a chance to win when FIFA betting, is to back the markets that offer you the best chance to land a win. If a bookmaker offers you a chance of picking the correct score of a FIFA game, then that is much harder (and will have many more options) than backing simply which team will win, or whether the game will be a draw. In the second option, there are just three possible outcomes. On the other, there could be 10 to 20 or more different potential scorelines Wager more on the FIFA Bets that offer you shorter odds and fewer options, but a better chance of winning, especially when you start betting on FIFA.
- Watch as much FIFA action as you can – You can tune in to FIFA tournaments via live streaming services (and some are even shown on popular television channels). If you are planning to bet on FIFA for a specific event, then tuning in to watch how the players are performing is invaluable research that can really help inform and shape your future bets.
FIFA Esports Tournaments & Prize Pools
There is no doubt that EA Sports now very much have competitive esports at the heart of their brief when designing their latest and last FIFA title and FIFA23 is a great example of that. The game has been optimized to offer an immersive, realistic, and engaging experience as an esport and as a result, the clamor for tournaments to play in has been huge.
EA Sports have been one of the driving forces behind the biggest FIFA esports tournament, the newly renamed FIFAe Finals. This is a series of events, played throughout the calendar year that features the top FIFA players in the world today.
There are three different series players can attempt to qualify for the FIFAe Finals of:
- The FIFAe Club World Cup for teams of two players (2v2)
- The FIFAe Nations Cup where individual players from various countries and regions will compete to represent their nation in the FIFAe Finals. (1v1)
- The FIFAe World Cup, where the individual FIFAe World Champion will be crowned each year (1v1)
Each of the three tournaments listed above has extensive qualifying campaigns, and it is these campaigns that offer the most FIFA betting over the course of the season.
Qualifiers for each of the three FIFAe Finals events are regionally based, and players can register to compete in a region. Nine regions are in operation – Europe, LatAm South, LatAm North, Middle East, North America, North Asia, South Asia, Africa and Oceania.
There is an extensive qualifying campaign for players in all regions to work through in order to earn a place at the Finals for each tournament. These are now broadly called the FIFAe Global Series.
FIFAe Global Series
Within that broad bracket, there are a number of competitions that individuals can compete in to first get a place in the FIFAe Global Series and then hopefully move on to the Finals listed above.
That includes FUT Divisional Rivals which is where beginners to FIFAe Esports can start their quest to become one of the biggest names in the game.
A total of $1.2 million in prize money is available for the FIFAe Finals series which is in addition to the other prize pools available at other qualifying tournaments for each Finals event that take place across the season.
Other FIFA Global Series Tournaments
Alongside these tournaments, FIFA betting on many leagues is also possible. Many of the top professional football leagues in the world now have their own esports equivalent league where representatives play as one of the teams in that division to try and claim the title.
Competitions include the ePremier League, eLa Liga, eMLS, Virtual Bundesliga, eSerie A, eLigue 1 and more and in addition, players can also compete in cup competitions such as the eChampions League and even the eLibertadores.
There are other popular sources for FIFA betting you can find online, including new events such as the team-based EA Sports Cup, which features some of the top teams competing in top level FIFA esports battling it out against each other each week, as well as a relatively new addition called Battle betting.
Other FIFA Betting Markets
The massive popularity of FIFA as an esport has seen bookmakers offer more and more betting markets on top of simply choosing a match winner. This includes VOLTA, which has been around since 2020 and takes football back to the streets; the gameplay is based in cities around the world and offers a change of scenery for players that are looking for something different.
VOLTA betting markets are available at BC.Game, and the popular esportsbook also offers penalty shootout markets if you are a thrill-seeker. Clicking the button below will take you directly to the website so that you can register for an account and grab a bonus before betting on FIFA.
What is FIFA Esports Battle Betting?
One of the more recent options when it comes to FIFA betting is the development of FIFA Esports Battle Betting, or esoccer betting as it is also known.
Battle betting is essentially betting on FIFA games that may not be part of a specific tournament or sanctioned EA Sports event but which pit two competitors of a similar ability together for you to bet on.
This form of betting allows you the opportunity to enjoy a wide range of FIFA betting at any time of the year, not just when a major tournament is being played.
How is FIFA Played?
- While real-life football is played between 22 men on a field, in FIFA 23, all players on a team are generally controlled by just one player, with control of the player switching as they receive possession of the ball, or if defending, are in a position to try and win the ball back from the opposition.
- Players can use several basic moves using their joypad or keyboard to move, pass, cross and shoot the ball. Other controls are used to switch between players, sprint or you can use combinations of key presses to perform certain flamboyant skills, such as rainbow flicks and overhead kicks.
- As such, each game of FIFA is as much a contest of skill and tactics as the real game and just as real football fans love a bet, so to FIFA betting has grown in popularity, particularly with the development of an extensive FIFA esports schedule of tournaments across the globe.
- For those that love FIFA esports betting, this is a real positive as it is easier to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of a single FIFA esports player, than it is 22 individual players on a real-life football team, notwithstanding taking into account the weather, performance of the officials and other factors all of which can influence the result.
- With each FIFA game taking anywhere from just 8 minutes to 40 minutes to play (with the majority in esports played over a shorter time), it is much quicker to play a full match in FIFA than it is in real-life football too. Most FIFA esport contests are played 1v1, but matches can also feature 2v2 and there are other options for more players to play on each team (although this is rare within the FIFA esports industry).
- One of the most appealing aspects of FIFA for fans is that EA Sports has acquired licenses to many teams, competitions and leagues, which makes it very realistic and also means that when you are indulging in some FIFA betting, it is very much like betting on real-life football games.
- Of course, EA have tweaked the game to ensure it is realistic, but also fluid for gamers to play and also fans to watch via live streaming services, many of whom may also be indulging in a spot of FIFA betting, especially on the main tournaments on offer for FIFA gamers.
The Future of FIFA
With the release of FIFA 23 in the late summer of 2022, this final title will bring to an end a lengthy collaboration between EA Sports and FIFA that began way back in 1993 with the release of the very first game in the series.
Visit our guide on EA Sports FC betting.
Since then, the title has proven to be hugely popular globally, outselling every other sports-themed game considerably. With its regular improvements and additions, it has become a staple title for fans to buy every year.
Both organizations are going their own way in the future. FIFA will retain the title of the FIFA soccer brand but will develop an entirely new soccer game and infrastructure for their new title, the development of which is believed to be well underway.
EA Sports will instead retain the core programming of FIFA and will release further titles under its new FIFA Club brand. The company also has the rights to the existing FIFAe gaming structure. While these will be renamed upon the conclusion of the current contract, the future of FIFAe, or perhaps in the future, EA Sports Club egaming looks secure.
You may also be interested in: Betting With FIFA Coins Guide
Expectations for 2024
The dawn of 2024 is one of great promise for esports generally, but also FIFA betting. The game series is showing no signs of slowing down and the level of replayability is extremely high among players. Therefore, we expect to see an increase in betting markets that are available to punters; this will mean even more games taking place on a daily basis, as well as the variety of in-game bets that can be made.
To summarize, the following are all things that are likely to come true in 2024 for esports FIFA betting:
- More tournaments: Developers and esportsbooks have respond to demand from players for more competitive FIFA events – and that trend is sure to continue in 2024. Expect to have more opportunities to see the finest players in one place on a regular basis.
- Gameplay updates: FIFA is renowned for its technological advancements with each new release and this is particularly the case with the latest generation of consoles. When betting on FIFA, you can see the fruits of EA’s labor as the planet’s finest players push gameplay to the max.
- Even more betting markets: As this page has shown, FIFA betting has never been a bigger deal and many gambling sites now offer events on a 24/7 basis. Markets will continue to expand to represent this demand, but will 2024 be the year that we see bets offered that mirror real-life football, such as which player will score first?
- Growth of streamers: Streamers and FIFA 23 betting go hand in hand. Platforms such as Twitch have taken the game to a whole new audience and millions tune in to watch players battle – we expect the number of viewers to continue to grow in 2024 as FIFA as an esport is nowhere near its full potential.