The Call of Duty League Championship is one of the biggest esports tournaments around today, boasting a massive prize pool worth $2,550,000. As an esports title, Call of Duty remains remarkably popular, boasting millions of fans from all around the world and featuring some of the biggest names in esports history. It boasts a legacy that stretches back more than ten years, with a world championship event taking place every year. Today, we’re here to look at this year’s tournament, breaking down the CDL Championship betting predictions.
Without a doubt, this is the most valuable tournament in Call of Duty esports. If you’re a fan of COD betting, you’ll simply need to read through these top CDL Championship betting predictions. For this tournament, you’re best off placing bets with GG.BET, without a doubt.
CDL Championship 2022 Format
For the top eight teams in the Call of Duty League, victory awaits at the end of an intense, double-elimination, best-of-five tournament, with a massive $1,200,000 prize waiting for the ultimate winner.
If you’re new to esports betting, you couldn’t hope for an easier tournament to understand. It all begins with the ‘top bracket’, where all teams play their opening fixture. At this point, every losing side will drop down into the ‘lower bracket’, where they’ll have one final chance to redeem themselves. If they lose again, they’re ejected from the competition, but provided one team keeps winning, they’ll eventually make it back to the Grand Final.
At the final event, it’ll be the winner of the lower bracket versus the winner of the top bracket, fighting it out to decide who will be crowned the victor.
CDL Championship 2022 Schedule
The CDL Championship 2022 predictions are made much easier when you understand the upcoming schedule. This year, the action will commence on the 4th of August, and it’ll run through to the Grand Final on the 7th of August. It’s a rapid-fire weekend that promises to be massively exciting for fans the world over. It’s also a particularly tasty schedule for Call of Duty League betting.
Here are the confirmed fixtures so far, with more matches being arranged following the result of these particular fixtures:
Thursday, August 4th
- Seattle Surge vs. London Royal Ravens (20:00 BST)
- Boston Breach vs. LA Thieves (21:30 BST)
- Toronto Ultra vs. OpTic Texas (23:00 BST)
Friday, August 5th
- New York Subliners vs. Atlanta FaZe (00:30am BST)
Following the opening fixtures, the board will be set and the teams primed for the fight of their lives. It’s an intense tournament from start to finish, and more people will tune in to this event than any other Call of Duty tournament throughout the rest of the year. Ultimately, there’s a massive $2.55m prize pool on the line, and fortunately for the competitors, nobody will walk away empty-handed. Here’s the breakdown:
- 1st Place: $1.2m
- 2nd Place: $650k
- 3rd Place: $320k
- 4th Place: $160k
- 5th-6th: $80k
- 7th-8th: $30k
CDL Championship Betting Preview
At the Call of Duty League Championship tournament, there will be eight teams competing to be crowned the ultimate victor. When it comes to CDL Championship 2022 predictions, it might seem easy at first to guess who that might be. However, the CDL 2022 season has been remarkable unpredictable, and in some ways, it has been the most balanced season we’ve seen for many years.
As always, the regular season was periodically punctuated by Major tournaments. These events carried with them considerable prize pools, with teams attending LAN events to play out an entire event on a grand stage in front of thousands of fans. In the 2022 CDL season, there were four Majors, each of which was won by a different team:
- Major 1: OpTic Texas
- Major 2: Los Angeles Guerrillas
- Major 3: Seattle Surge
- Major 4: LA Thieves
In terms of the standings for the regular season, Atlanta FaZe sits in first place, followed closely behind by OpTic Texas. However, Atlanta FaZe has had a relatively tough season, being unable to secure a Major tournament, despite last year winning three of the five Majors available. This year, the tournament was as unpredictable as it could have possibly been, with ultimate underdog Seattle Surge storming in to win its first Major from the bottom of the table.
Not only that, but the New York Subliners, a CDL team with a short but storied past, managed to break into the CDL Championship at the very last second. As another budding underdog side, the Subliners pulled themselves up from a second-from-last position to eighth place in the standings, clinching the final spot and securing a place at Champs.
Here are the eight teams that have made it to COD Champs this year:
- Atlanta FaZe
- Boston Breach
- LA Thieves
- London Royal Ravens
- New York Subliners
- OpTic Texas
- Seattle Surge
- Toronto Ultra
For a safe bet, it’s worth still backing Atlanta FaZe, but OpTic Texas are also frontrunners for the grand prize. However, as with any Call of Duty tournament, you can’t count out the underdogs, which in this case would be the LA Thieves or the New York Subliners, according to the Call of Duty odds.
CDL Championship Odds
When it comes to Call of Duty betting, no event is bigger than the CDL Championship 2022. For this tournament, we’re massively recommending the use of GG.BET for all your Call of Duty League betting needs, as it truly is a one-stop shop for the tournament.
According to GG.BET the outright winner odds, on 26 July 2022, looked a little something like this:
|London Royal Ravens||8.00|
|New York Subliners||81.00|
When you’re betting with GG.BET, you’ll have the opportunity to pick many more markets outside of simple outright winners. For instance, there will be match-focused markets like map counts, first blood, and player-specific specials. It’s a diverse platform that boasts many advantages to bettors. If you’re interested in making a little money on the CDL Championship, GG.BET really is one of the best esports betting sites on the market.
CDL Championship Betting Predictions
Honestly, it could go either way among the eight teams featured in the roster. Let’s discuss the potential chances for each of the CDL Championship teams involved:
- Atlanta FaZe has been the most dominant team all season but has ultimately failed to secure a Major. With a lack of momentum, there may just be no victory for FaZe in the final.
- Boston Breach is a new team for the 2022 season that has already proven itself numerous times. However, there’s no intense energy in the team at the moment, which is so important for securing a big win.
- OpTic Texas boasts some of the best Call of Duty players in the world, but an inconsistent season has caused issues among the squad. However, OpTic Texas is going into the Championship stage looking strong, and honestly, the team could go all the way.
- Seattle Surge secured a huge win at Major III then failed to produce any real results in Major IV. There are many that call the Major win a huge fluke, and Seattle Surge will have to work very hard to create a huge upset at Champs.
- LA Thieves finished the season on a high note, beating Atlanta FaZe twice and winning Major IV. If FaZe dips out quite early on, LA Thieves could have an unchallenged run to the ultimate victory.
- London Royal Ravens had a terrible season in 2021, but 2022 has proven to be a brilliant year for the team. This is a team ready to bring home the bag, and there are high expectations that the squad could go the whole way this year.
- New York Subliners is far from being the best Call of Duty team in the world, but there’s such an undeniable underdog spirit in the squad at the moment. If the Subliners could win at Champs, it would be one of the biggest victories in Call of Duty history.
- Toronto Ultra had a tough season, failing to gain traction at any Major and not finishing with too high a position at the end of the regular season. However, if the team can dig deep and find the skill it exhibited last year, there could be a huge win waiting for Toronto.
Regardless of which team you’re backing, consider placing your wagers on GG.BET. It’s a top-tier betting platform that hosts markets for the best COD tournaments, and that includes the Call of Duty League Championship. It’s as simple as signing up on the platform, funding your betting wallet, and placing some wagers.
How To Watch The CDL Championship 2022
As with the entire Call of Duty League tournament, the CDL Championship will be streamed live on YouTube:
Watch the Call of Duty League Championship Live
The competition commences on the 4th of August, and by the end of the 7th of August, the 2022 world champion will be crowned.