As we approach the mid-point in the 2023 CSGO season, we welcome one of the biggest events of the year. From the 29th of May to the 4th of June, the IEM Dallas event will take place. This tournament offers a stage to 16 of the best CSGO teams the world has to offer, fighting it out for a $250k prize pool. Today, we’re here to bring you a best-in-class Intel Extreme Masters Dallas betting guide, to help you out with your wagers. This is a hugely important tournament for all you CSGO fans, and you won’t want to miss out.
We recommend checking out this guide in full before you dive into your IEM Dallas betting, but be fast! This is a relatively short competition, but there’s so much action packed into it.
IEM Dallas 2023: Overview
|Series||Intel Extreme Masters|
|Seed for Winner||IEM Cologne|
|Dates||May 29th - June 4th 2023|
|Venue||Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, Dallas, USA|
IEM Dallas Odds 2023
When it comes down to the odds themselves, bettors will appreciate the wide range on offer. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for a clear favorite or a remarkable underdog opportunity, there’s something for every punter placing a wager on the IEM Dallas tournament.
Outright odds are great for two reasons. Apart from acting as a very simple betting market to understand, allowing punters to predict an overall winner, these odds provide valuable insight into the predictions for the event. Considering this, we’ve listed all the IEM Dallas 2023 outright odds below – which of the sixteen teams is most likely to come out on top?
Here’s a look at the outright odds provided by GG.Bet below:
Read more about this operator in our GG.Bet review.
IEM Dallas Tournament Format
Like many other CSGO tournaments, the IEM Dallas competition revolves around two stages.
Group Stage: 16 teams competing in a Group Stage, in two groups of eight, between 29th May and 1st June
- Playoffs: Top three teams from each Group move on to the Playoffs, taking place between 1st-4th June
Adopting a similar format to most CSGO events this year, the Group Stage will feature two double-elimination format (GSL) groups, boasting 8 teams apiece. While opening matches are BO1, every other match is BO3 like other CSGO tournaments. The Group Stage opens the tournament and sets up the field for the competition ahead.
Once the dust has settled, teams will progress to the Playoffs as follows:
- Group Stage Winners – advance to Semifinals
- Group Stage Runners-Up – advance to Quarterfinals as High Seeds
- Group Stage Third Place – advance to Quarterfinals as Low Seeds
At the tail end of the Group Stage, the top three teams from each group will push on into the Playoffs. It’s the end position of the individual teams that determine the seeding for this ultimate stage. In the final stage of the competition, the last of the best CSGO teams in the world will battle through a single-elimination bracket with BO3 matches to crown a new champion.
IEM Dallas 2023 Schedule
Fortunately, the IEM Dallas schedule is as easy to understand as the format is.
- From the 29th of May to the 1st of June, the Group Stage takes place.
- Then, from the 2nd of June to the 4th of June, the Quarter-, Semi-, and Grand Final events are held.
On many esports betting platforms, the CSGO odds are already heating up – don’t miss out on this top-tier event.
Group Stage A: Upper Bracket Quarterfinals
- May 29th 18:00 CEST – G2 Esports vs Nouns
- May 29th 18:00 CEST – FURIA vs OG
- May 29th 19:15 CEST – Heroric vs 9z Team
- May 29th 19:15 CEST – Fnatic vs MOUZ
Group B: Upper Bracket Quarterfinals
- May 29th 20:30 CEST – FaZe vs Evil Geniuses
- May 29th 20:30 CEST – ENCE vs Complexity Gaming
- May 29th 21:45 CEST – Team Liquid vs Astralis
- May 29th 21:45 CEST – Cloud9 vs Grayhound
IEM Dallas 2023 Teams: Which Teams Are Competing?
On a grand stage in Dallas, Texas, 16 top-tier teams come together to do battle. They represent the finest squads that the world of CSGO has to offer, coming into Dallas from all around the globe.
With a $100k prize going to the winner of this tournament, as well as a huge allotment of Pro Tour and BLAST Premier points, there’s a huge amount on the line for these teams.
Participating at this exciting event are various teams who’ve all earned their spot as one of the sixteen, qualifying for the event as listed:
- ESL Partner Team – Complexity Gaming, ENCE, FURIA Esports, G2 Esports, Heroic, Team Liquid
- Local Hero Invite – Evil Geniuses
- ESL World Ranking – FaZe Clan, MOUZ
- European Qualifier – Astralis, Cloud9, OG, Fnatic
- North American Qualifier – Nouns Esports
- South American Qualifier – 9z Team
- Oceanic Qualifier – Grayhound Gaming
IEM Dallas Betting Tips: Favorites and Underdogs
When it comes to the sharpest IEM Dallas predictions, it can be hard to pin down a reliable selection. There are so many talented players in this tournament, that a single series can change the face of the competition. In this section giving you the hottest Intel Extreme Masters Dallas betting tips, including our picks for the top spot.
Favourites – Staying Strong from the Major
- G2 Esports
- FaZe Clan
Underdogs – Hoping to Contend
- Team Liquid
- ENCE Esports
- FURIA Esports
Prize Pool Distribution and BLAST Premier Points
Although BLAST and Intel Extreme Masters are different event series, they’ve combined their efforts when it comes to awarding points.
While we’ve already mentioned the stakes at hand, the following is a detailed breakdown of how prizes, seeds and BLAST Premier points will be served out:
|Place||Prize||BLAST Premier Points + Seed|
|1st||$100,000||2,400 + IEM Cologne 2023|
At the IEM Dallas tournament, nobody goes home empty-handed.
How to Bet on the IEM Dallas 2023
If you’re a CS:GO bettor, you’ll already know that the IEM events carry with them some of the most diverse and dynamic CS:GO betting markets. There are special offers, bonuses, and betting promotions to take advantage of.
If you’re new to CSGO betting, we’ve prepared the following tips to get you started:
1. Finding a reputable esports betting website
If you’re going to bet on CSGO, you’ll need to be using the best esports betting site around. While there are a number of esports betting sites out there, we recommend only picking the best for your CSGO betting. Recommendations here include ensuring that the site is licensed, while also comparing odds between sites.
At EsportsBets, we recommend using GG.Bet, Thunderpick or Pinnacle for your Intel Extreme Masters Dallas betting. These platforms are popular, reputable, and reliable, and they boast some of the best IEM Dallas odds you’ll find online. These are easily some of the best CSGO betting sites you’ll find for this event.
2. Knowing the betting markets
Once you’ve selected an esports betting site, it’s best to be familiar with the types of bets which are available out there for CSGO betting.
Here are some examples, ranging from simple to special bets:
- Outright tournament betting – as we’ve listed in the above table, before an event starts punters have the opportunity to place a bet on who they think will win the event outright.
- Outright CSGO match betting – beyond betting on the entire event, punters can also bet on each match and who they think will win overall, regardless if it’s a BO1, BO3 or BO5.
- Outright match betting with handicap – For when matches seem to be unbalanced, a handicap is sure to keep the odds fair regardless of who you choose to bet on.
- Special bets – these bets include predicting particular events taking place within a match, examples of these are as follows:
- Correct score betting – predicting the score at the end of a half, or the overall match.
- Over/under total rounds – predicting how many rounds it’ll take for the match to conclude, regardless of the winner.
- Map Pistol Rounds – betting on which team will win pistol rounds, considering how important they are.
3. Play the Game, Know the Basics
Naturally, if you plan on betting on CSGO, playing CSGO will help you understand how exactly the game works.
Apart from helping you appreciate how teams play, such an experience will allow you to place special bets.
Here are some of our own pages to check out to help you learn the game:
4. Staying up to date with the event
Many punters make the mistake of relying only on outright odds and that’s it. However, esports events usually last a weekend and the competition always changes.
Bearing this in mind, CSGO live betting and staying tuned into an event is the best way to place the most educated bets – here at Esports Bets we always provide live betting previews with all the essential updated details.
5. Bet Responsibly
Finally, always bet responsibly. This involves setting a budget, not taking excessive risks and betting smart on odds. Doing so involves consulting all of our other betting tips.
How to Watch IEM Dallas Live
It’s easy enough reading through all the guides that the internet has to offer, but one of the best IEM Dallas betting tips we can offer is to actually watch the tournament. As with most top-tier CSGO events, the entire competition will be streamed online. While there’s an unbeatable experience to be found in attending the show live, watching online is a fine replacement for the in-person bonanza.
It doesn’t matter where you are in the world, there’s a stream ready and waiting for you. If you’re using GG.Bet to place wagers on the Intel Extreme Masters Dallas event, you’ll find an embedded Twitch player on the platform. Thunderpick also offers a slick CSGO live betting mode.
History of IEM Events
Hosted since 2007, the Intel Extreme Masters events are some of the leading esports tournaments in the industry. They’re sanctioned by the ESL and have been sponsored by Intel for as long as they have existed. These events are focused on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and StarCraft II. Every year, the IEM season comes to a close with a grand finale event taking place in Katowice, Poland, boasting a massive prize pool.
Most recently, the following teams have seen great success at the IEM CSGO tournaments:
- Gambit Esports (IEM Summer 2021)
- Natus Vincere (IEM Cologne 2021)
- Team Vitality (IEM Winter 2021)
- FaZe Clan (IEM Katowice 2022)
- Cloud 9 (IEM Dallas 2022)
- FaZe Clan (IEM Cologne 2022)
- Outsiders (IEM Rio Major 2022)
- G2 Esports (IEM Katowice 2023)
- Team Vitality (IEM Rio 2023)
We’ll wrap up our guide with a handy FAQs section, just to cap off everything you need to know about IEM Dallas 2023.
Good luck with your wagers!
IEM Dallas FAQs
What is IEM?
IEM is ‘Intel Extreme Masters’, one of the leading groups of esports events in the industry. It has existed since 2007 and is responsible for hosting some of the biggest tournaments in history, covering titles like Warcraft, StarCraft II, and most important, CSGO. Every IEM event is dramatically popular, pulling in high viewership counts and selling out stadiums worldwide. These are some of the biggest and most highly-anticipated events in esports today.
What teams are competing at IEM Dallas 2023?
At IEM Dallas, the teams competing are Complexity Gaming, ENCE, FURIA Esports, G2 Esports, Heroic, Team Liquid, Evil Geniuses, FaZe Clan, MOUZ, Astralis, Cloud9, OG, Fnatic, Nouns Esports, 9z Team and Grayhound Gaming.
What are the best betting sites for betting on IEM Dallas 2023?
We’d recommend GG.Bet, Thunderpick and Pinnacle for all your IEM Dallas betting needs.
Which are the best betting markets for IEM Dallas 2023?
Typically, many fans gravitate towards the ‘easier’ markets such as outright winners, map counts, first blood, and most kills. However, many betting sites tend to offer a diverse range of markets that include special and exotic markets. It’ll pay to learn these markets and take the time to really understand them.