As one of the many events celebrating the launch of Counter-Strike 2, the Roobet Cup returns this year. Between Oct. 25 and Nov. 2 16 top CS teams will compete in this S-Tier tournament for a share of $250,000. In this Roobet Cup betting guide, we’ll show which esports betting sites are featuring Roobet Cup odds, how the event’s structured, which teams were invited and more. Check it out!
Top Sites for Betting on the Roobet Cup
|Start Date||Oct. 25|
|End Date||Nov. 2|
Roobet Cup Format
Every year, Roobet sticks to the same format explained below:
- There are two stages of competition, starting with a Group Stage.
- At the Group Stage, four groups of four teams each compete in double-elimination format Groups (GSL).
- Once all the BO3 matches are complete, the top 2 teams from each group advance to the Playoffs.
- Once in the Playoffs, a single-elimination bracket with BO3 matches will crown an overall winner.
With the Groups revealed, here’s how the sixteen teams have been divided into four groups of four:
- Group A: Aurora Gaming, Eternal Fire, FURIA Esports, Heroic
- Group B: 9z Team, Movistar Riders, Team Spirit, Virtus.pro
- Group C: 9INE, Apeks, Astralis, BIG
- Group D: Fnatic, Monte, Ninjas in Pyjamas, OG
Roobet Cup Schedule
Starting with the opening matches of the Group Stage, we’ve listed the Opening Matches for each of the four Groups below:
Group A Opening Matches
- 25/10 – Heroic vs Aurora – 15:00 CEST
- 25/10 – Eternal Flame vs FURIA – 18:00 CEST
Group B Opening Matches
- 25/10 – Movistar Riders vs 9z Team – 15:00 CEST
- 25/10 – Virtus.pro vs Team Spirit – 18:00 CEST
Group C Opening Matches
- 26/10 – Astralis vs 9INE – 15:00 CEST
- 26/10 – BIG vs Apeks – 18:00 CEST
Group D Opening Matches
- 26/10 – Monte vs OG – 15:00 CEST
- 26/10 – Fnatic vs NiP – 18:00 CEST
Stay tuned on socials for the remainder of the schedule.
Participating CS Teams
For the Roobet Cup 2023 event, the following teams have been invited:
- 9z Team
- Aurora Gaming
- Eternal Fire
- FURIA Esports
- Movistar Riders
- Ninjas in Pyjamas
- Team Spirit
How to Bet on the Roobet Cup
As an S-Tier event, the Roobet Cup offers a diverse range of betting markets to bet on, a clear example of how seamless the transition from CS:GO to CS2 has been for esports betting sites.
- Winner odds – As simple as picking a winner, no matter if it’s by an inch or a mile. Outright odds extend to picking a tournament winner, match winner or even a round winner.
- Handicap bets – When rounds, matches or tournaments seem one-sided, bookies will offer handicap bets to level the playing field and make the game more interesting.
- Score betting – Predict the correct score of a particular round or match.
Roobet Cup Betting Tips
Looking just at the betting markets is not enough to get started with your Counter-Strike 2 betting for esports tournaments. Here are some betting tips to consider whether you’re new or not:
- Different format – One of the most important changes is the different number of rounds especially if you fancy trying out some round betting.
- Look at previous events – Before diving into the Roobet Cup, it’s worth checking out the most recent events for CS2 to see how teams stacked up.
- Tune into roster changes – Roster changes which heavily influence a team’s form and dynamic.
- Start slow – If you’re new to CS2 gambling start with basic bets like match winner and paired with small deposits. Try using an esports welcome bonus to boost your starting bankroll.
Gambling is a form of entertainment and can be addictive. If you think that you may have a gambling problem contact your local gambling support group immediately.
Image via Roobet