The Best Virtual Sports Betting Site:
Bet on CS:GO, LoL, Dota, FIFA and more
Intuitive mobile app for iOS and Android
The world’s favourite online bookmaker
Virtual sports specifically refers to simulated, computer-operated betting opportunities visualized as traditional sports. In some senses, virtual sports betting is more similar to a casino game than conventional wagering. If you’re already an avid fan of pro gaming, many of the more popular esports betting sites already feature virtual sports.
Available Sports for Virtual Betting
All virtual sports betting opportunities model themselves after traditional sports. That includes the rules of the game along with computer-generated players, strategies, and team names, if applicable. Many sports are available virtually, but listed below are the most popular options available on virtual esports betting sites.
- Greyhound Racing – Although difficult to find nowadays, dog racing is an incredibly popular virtual offering. The rules are simple, and the large number of competitors makes any bet exciting.
- Horse Racing – Similarly to greyhound racing, virtual sports are the easiest way to bet on horses. Virtual horse racing sites will sometimes simulate real-life events before a famous race occurs.
- Basketball – The global favorite is also available as a simulated competition. Two teams mean very close odds for most matches. Basketball is also one of the most appealing visual sports.
- Soccer – The beautiful game is a favorite of traditional bettors, but soccer betting is also available 24/7 on a computer-controlled pitch. The close odds are complemented by the fast pace of virtual soccer matches.
- Tennis – One of the most popular sports for betting is also available on demand virtually. Virtual tennis matches are some of the fastest paced options for esports bets.
- Motorsport – Racing is one of the simplest sports to bet on, so it’s only natural that it’s offered as a virtual sport. Virtual motorsports are also some of the best looking simulated betting games around.
What’s the appeal of Virtual Sports Betting?
Traditional sports bettors might not immediately understand the appeal of virtual sports. The matches don’t feature any of their favorite real-life teams, and there isn’t any reason to connect with the players. However, the real appeal of virtual sports lies in their convenience and surprising level of entertainment.
The person most likely to engage with virtual sports betting isn’t a hardcore traditional sports fan. Most bettors treat virtual sports as a sports-themed casino game. This is reflected in their usually shortened match times, which provide ongoing opportunities to join the action. The video engines that direct virtual sports can vary in quality, with some rivaling popular esports like FIFA or Madden. Betway, 22Bet and Bet365 all feature virtual sports on state-of-the-art display engines, so there’s definitely a visual appeal too.
Their convenience also makes them a premier choice for some betting opportunities. Virtual sports betting apps are offered by several virtual sports betting sites, including Bet365. Virtual sports providers also emphasize certain events. Horse racing is commonly available as a virtual sport, oftentimes with horses meant to simulate real-life races. Virtual Grand National betting and virtual Kentucky Derby betting are two of the most popular virtual sports attractions.