Dota 2 Gambling Guide: Best Dota 2 Online Gambling Sites
Dota 2 gambling seems to be getting more and more popular each year. As one of the most successful esports games on the market, there are so many different tournaments and games to get involved with. In this article, you can find our full guide to betting on Dota 2, including how to bet safely and legally. We’ll also take you through how to choose the best betting provider for your betting style. There’s definitely no one-size-fits-all regarding esports betting so let’s dive in!
Here’s our list of the top Dota 2 gambling sites out there
We’ve put in the legwork here, so you don’t have to! Our list of the top sites for Dota 2 betting includes those with the best bonuses, live betting options and a sheer number of Dota games to bet on:
How to choose the best Dota 2 gambling site for you
If you’ve looked into the best Dota 2 betting site, you’ll know that there are a ton of them out there. Not every site is going to work for every player too. Whether you like to make sure you’re home for every game, or you prefer to bet on the go, rest assured there is a site out there for you. All you’ll need to do is ask yourself a few different questions:
- What kind of Dota 2 betting do I want to take part in; prematch, live or both?
- Do I want to make use of esports betting bonus codes and promotions?
- What payment methods do I want to use to bet?
- Is this betting site legal and licensed in my country or state?
- Do I want to play specialist games such as Dota 2 coinflip?
- Is live betting for me, and what live betting options are available?
- Is there a Dota 2 betting community?
Bet on Dota 2 legally: Don’t get caught out by changing laws
Despite the popularity of Dota 2 online gambling, it’s important to remember that it’s still pretty new. That means that not every country allows esports betting online, and in fact, some countries have pretty hefty fines for those who don’t follow the rules. Don’t worry, though, laws are changing thick and fast, so you might not be waiting long before you can bet!
There’s good news for some American, Canadian and European fans, though, as Dota 2 gambling is not only legal but becoming increasingly common in these regions. In fact, in Nevada, New Jersey, Tennessee, Ohio and West Virginia, esports betting is 100% legal.
However, if you live in the following states, you must be aware of some restrictions: Arkansas, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Montana, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island. Unfortunately, if you live outside of these states, you won’t currently be able to participate in any kind of esports betting, including Dota 2 roulette.
Different kinds of Dota 2 gambling: More than meets the eye
One of the parts of Dota 2 that make it stand out in a crowd of esports is its variety. There is so much going on that many of the best sites offer multiple kinds of bets, including live betting, to keep the excitement going. Not only can you bet on simple winners of individual games and tournaments, but you can also get involved in:
- First blood
- Last hits
- XP per minute (XPM)
- Gold per minute (GPM)
- Item timings
- Roshan kills
- And a bunch of others!
It might feel overwhelming to add another question to the list when choosing your favourite site to bet at, but our reviews, including the Gamdom review, will give you all the details you need to get started at a new site. Whether you live and breathe Dota or like to keep things simple, there’s certainly a site to cater to your taste.
Join the Excitement and Start Winning – Sign Up to GG.Bet Now!
How to gamble on Dota 2
Once you’ve ticked off your list of checking the legality and picking a site, it’s time to start! The best betting sites out there try to make the process as easy as possible simply because it’s in their best interest to get you betting. That being said, most sites require only a couple of steps to begin:
- Sign up: You’ll need to provide all your personal information, including your name, age, contact information and more. This is the best time to check for any additional bonus codes too. You’ll also need to verify your age, usually by providing a passport or driver’s license.
- Make a deposit: To bet on Dota 2 matches, you’ll need money in your account! Many payment methods are available, from straight-up bank transfers to online wallets to cryptocurrencies. Most sites have a variety but check them all before signing up to save yourself some time.
- Start betting: Many betting providers will offer some kind of esports betting bonus but beware of the wagering requirements. Often, you’ll need to bet a fair few times to receive the full amount. But don’t let that stop you. The beauty of Dota is that there are so many betting markets that it’s easy to place many different bets.
Esports betting at its finest
At the end of the day, it’s important to remember that Dota 2 gambling is a really subjective experience. You don’t need to follow the herd at all; not doing so could lead to a better gambling experience for you. Follow our step-by-step guide for choosing the best site for your betting style, and you won’t put a foot wrong.
Once you know which site is right for you, the process couldn’t be easier. Remember that gambling is supposed to be fun, and with Dota 2, there will always be a lot of excitement.
Frequently asked questions
There’s some good news on this front! The answer here is a resounding yes. Dota 2 gambling is immensely popular and it seems that the market is only growing every year. Just remember the most important thing is to check that esports betting is legal in your country before you even try to access the site.
Whether traditional bets are your thing or you want to get involved in Dota 2 skin betting, choosing the right site is the trickiest part. There’s no number 1 site that’ll be a perfect match for every bettor out there. Follow our guide on how to choose the best site for more!
More and more countries are starting to legalize esports betting, and that includes Dota 2! But although betting in many European and American countries is now legal, it’s not legal the world over. Not only that but American fans will need to consult our list of all the states where esports betting has been legalized. Double-check your local laws before starting at any betting site so you don’t lose out.