While many gamblers love playing blackjack, having a blackjack strategy is paramount for anyone looking to win in this game. The reasons why blackjack is loved by many include the simple rules that are easy to understand and the high RTP attached to it. In this review, you’ll learn how to play 21, as blackjack is famously known.
In this guide, we will outline blackjack strategy for beginners, how to play blackjack online, and how to win at blackjack. Read along to learn everything you need before you start playing blackjack hands to maximize your chances of winning.
Similar to our previous betting guides, we’ll be thorough and begin with the rules. Before developing a blackjack strategy, one needs to understand the rules. To score blackjack hands, total points are summed up. The hands that end up with the highest total not exceeding 21 wins. If a player ends up with a hand total of over 21, it’s referred to as a “bust”.
Another rule is that cards 2 through 10 bear their face value. However, the king, queen, and jack cards are worth 10. Players play against the house and not each other. To win, a player needs to have a card total greater than the house and not bust. You can also win by default if the dealer ends up with a bust.
Before the Strategy, Terms You Need to Know
If you’re new to blackjack you’ll need to know the following terms:
- Stand: When a player “stands” it means that they wish to stay with the initial two cards they were dealt and don’t require an additional card for the hand in progress.
- Hit: This tells the dealer to give you an additional card when you feel that your hand is far from 21.
- Split: A player can split their bet if they are dealt two cards of the same value. If a player splits the wager into two separate hands, they need to complete the first one before proceeding to the second. To split a wager, one needs to match their original bet.
- Doubling Down: This is a profitable option when executed correctly. A player can double their bet if they have two cards that give a total value that they can improve greatly with a good hit.
Blackjack Betting Strategies for Beginners
With these terms in mind, here are a few strategies for beginners.
Have a Budget
This should be the first blackjack betting strategy a new player considers. You don’t want to bet more money than you can afford. Make sure you have a budget and stick to it.
Resist the Insurance Bet
The insurance bet is considered a sucker bet, which is why a beginner should avoid it, especially when the dealer’s up card is an ace. That is because the insurance bet payoff is 2 to 1 which is less than the odds that the dealer will end up with a blackjack.
Go for a Low Bet Game
As a beginner, consider choosing a low minimum game that doesn’t exceed $10. Also, don’t feel ashamed to let the dealer know that you’re a beginner. Many dealers are willing to help new players by giving them helpful suggestions.
Avoid Taking Advice from Other Players
While it may be tempting to ask experienced blackjack players how to play, resist. Every player is playing for the win, which means that they are less likely to have your best interests at heart. Also, don’t allow such players to intimidate you.
How to Win at Blackjack: Best Strategies for Winning
Once you’re ready to start playing some Blackjack, here are the top strategies to follow.
Play at Tables that Suit Your Budget
While this can be a difficult task to accomplish, especially if you have a small bankroll, researching your favorite casino can help greatly. Find out the tables accepting the minimum stakes. You can also find out if the casino offers free games during off-peak hours.
Split Pairs of Aces and Eights
By splitting your aces or eights, you avoid the risk of a bust regardless of which card you’re hit with. With these pairs, you have a great opportunity of making two decent hands. While it may seem irrational to split eight to some players, doing so leads to hands that lose less often in the long run.
Always Stand When Your Hand is Likely to Bust
Here is another blackjack betting strategy to incorporate. If you notice that the dealer has a face-up card of six, five, or four the best strategy is to stand, especially if your hand is weak. For example, if you have a 2 and a 10 hand, you have a 70% chance of improving your hand. However, you also have a 30% probability of a bust.
Let the dealer risk a bust and try again.
Hit Your Hard 12 Against a Dealer’s 3 or 2 Up Card
In such a situation, many players chicken out and end up standing on their 12 instead of hitting due to the feat of a bust. However, against the dealer’s 3 or 2 up card, a player is likely to lose money in the long haul whether they hit or stand. The silver lining is that players will lose less money if they are hit in such a situation even if they risk busting, which makes this a great blackjack betting strategy.
Always Double Down on Hands Containing Hard Eleven
By doubling down, you increase your stake by 100%. The reason you should consider this is that you cannot bust if someone has a complicated eleven.
Tips on How to Play Blackjack Online
Playing blackjack online is different from doing so in a land-based casino. The experience is different, especially if you’re playing automated blackjack which varies from live blackjack that one can play at crypto live casino sites.
Here is how to play blackjack online and maximize your chances of winning.
Memorize Card Rankings
Compared to poker, blackjack comes with differences in the card rankings. Players should memorize the card rankings to help them understand their next move when playing blackjack online. As aforementioned, aces are worth eleven or one, Kings, Jacks, Queens, and Tens are worth 10 with the rest cards retaining their face value.
Use a Strategy Chart
Having a blackjack chart at hand can help you when playing online since it lists distinct hands you can get dealt and what to do with each combo. You’ll benefit from the instructions, including when to hit, stand, split, double down, or surrender. If you prefer playing live blackjack, memorize the chart to learn the best move in every scenario.
Play Blackjack at a Reputable Online Casino
All these strategies will not be useful if you don’t play at a reputable site. Such a platform assures you that you’ll get all your winnings without a fuss. We have reviewed many platforms where one can play blackjack online, we’ll go through the best ones here:
- The world’s very first licensed online crypto casino.
- This popular online casino is known for its live blackjack games from big-name providers like Evolution Gaming and PragmaticPlay.
- As a crypto-focused casino, it offers players the advantage of fast and secure transactions.
- With its sleek design and intuitive navigation, Bitcasino provides a seamless online blackjack experience.
- Users appreciate its responsive customer support and commitment to fair gaming, making it a reputable choice for blackjack enthusiasts.
- Read our in-depth Bitcasino review to learn more about this operator.
- MyStake is an online casino that offers a diverse collection of casino games, including 50+ variations of blackjack to cater to different player preferences.
- The platform stands out for its visually appealing and immersive gambling experience.
- MyStake also emphasizes user security by implementing robust encryption and ensuring fair gaming through the use of certified random number generators.
- Players appreciate the seamless navigation, generous welcome casino bonuses, and prompt customer support.
- Read our MyStake review to find out more about this online casino’s promotions and features.
- BC.Game is an online crypto casino that offers a range of popular casino games, including blackjack, with the added benefit of provably fair gaming.
- Players can enjoy a secure and transparent gambling experience while having the opportunity to earn cryptocurrencies through their gameplay.
- The platform’s engaging interface, active community and regular promotions make it an exciting choice for blackjack enthusiasts looking for an innovative and rewarding online casino experience.
- Check out BC.Game review to read a comprehensive assessment of this online crypto casino.
When considering how to play 21 and win, various strategies exist as reviewed above. Combining all these strategies is the best way to maximize your winning chances whether in a land-based casino or online. Above everything else, remember to have fun.