On the 6th of July, the sixteenth season of one of the most popular tournaments in the CSGO landscape commenced. From the 6th to the 18th of July, the world’s finest CSGO players will go head-to-head for their chance to win a share of a $1 million prize pot. The top team will claim a hefty $400,000 prize, and walk away with some serious Pro Tour and BLAST Premier points. We’re here today with the best IEM Cologne predictions, betting tips, and schedule information.
There are three main stages to the IEM Cologne tournament, which consists of a Play-in Stage, a Group Stage, and finally, the Playoffs. There’s an immense list of teams competing across all three stages, but only one can be crowned the ultimate victor. Let’s break down the schedule and the format for the IEM Cologne 2021 event.
IEM Cologne 2021: Schedule and Format
There’s an insane amount of action being packed into a relatively short window, and it looks something like this.
Tuesday, July 6th – Wednesday, July 7th
- This is the opening stage that will see teams experience their first clashes against one another.
- The Play-In Stage features a Bo1 format for the opening fixtures, followed by Bo3 face-offs.
Thursday, July 8th – Sunday, July 11th
- In the group stage, the top eight teams from the Play-In Stage will advance and compete further. They’ll be joining the top eight teams that have already qualified.
- This stage takes on a double-elimination format across two groups.
- The top three teams from each group will push forward to the Playoff Stage.
Friday, July 16th – Saturday, July 18th.
- The closing stage of the tournament will feature a single-elimination bracket.
- As the competition comes to a finish, the QF and SF stages will be Bo3, with a Bo5 Grand Final.
The $1 million prize pool is distributed thus:
This is easily one of the most valuable and highly-anticipated esports tournaments in the industry schedule.
IEM Cologne 2021: The Teams
At the top of the CSGO table right now are the likes of Gambit and Natus Vincere, who are odds-on favourites to win this competition. If we’re to compare those two top-tier teams, we’d say Gambit has the edge, and if you’re looking for the best IEM Cologne betting odds, that’s definitely a safe wager.
IEM Cologne betting is an easy way to make money, provided you know who’s competing. With that fact in mind, here’s the team list, to help with your IEM Cologne predictions:
- Gambit Esports: Top favourite to win.
- Natus Vincere: Second-most favourite to win.
- Heroic: Danish super team with a huge profile.
- Virtus.pro: Russian organisation with huge stopping power.
- Astralis: Danish team featuring some of the world’s best players.
- G2 Esports: Easily the biggest esports organisation in the industry.
- Furia Esports: All-Brazilian all-stars with something to prove.
- Team Liquid: Massively prolific team with a huge legacy.
There’s a considerable list of teams looking to fight their way up to the Group Stage. Amongst the herd are the likes of Complexity, Ninjas in Pyjamas, Evil Geniuses, FaZe Clan, and mousesports. It’s a diverse and star-studded list, but there are some underdogs in the fray as well.
If you’re considering your IEM Cologne betting odds, you won’t find bigger numbers than with an underdog. It’s a much riskier way to play your CSGO bets, but it could potentially yield the biggest reward.
IEM Cologne 2021: The Bets
With that fact in mind, let’s talk about the CSGO odds associated with this competition. As we’ve highlighted, there are several teams that offer unimaginable odds simply because they’re far from being the favourites to win. Here are some of those underdog sides with the massive odds behind them:
- ViCi Gaming: Joint top with LDLC for the least likely team to win the tournament – huge underdog odds.
- LDLC: French team with massive underdog status and massive hurdles to overcome.
- Bad News Bears: Less of an outsider chance than ViCi or LDLC, but probably the least prolific team in the tournament.
- TeamOne: Lower-tier Brazilian side with mid-table odds and a weak chance at victory.
Thankfully, there are plenty of markets to choose from when it comes to IEM Cologne predictions and betting. There are the typical outright winner markets, as well as the 1st Map markets, but plenty of esportsbooks are also offering handicap or special markets.
For instance, if you’re betting with GG.bet, you’ll be treated to correct map scores, total rounds, odds and evens, and dynamic markets. It’s much more diverse and varied than some other esports tournaments, and it just goes to prove how prolific this competition is.
IEM Cologne Betting Odds
ESEA Cash Cup: North America - Autumn 2021
ESEA Premier Season 38 North America. Extra Salt will have a 1-0 map advantage
ESEA Season 38: Premier Relegation - North America
ESEA Season 38: Premier Relegation - North America
If you’re new to IEM Cologne betting, we’d recommend playing safer markets like outright winners. If we had to put money on an outright winner for the entire competition, we’d be placing a wager on either Gambit or Natus Vincere.
How To Watch IEM Cologne 2021 Live
These days, it couldn’t be easier to catch live esports gameplay. It’s often a case of simply logging on to Twitch or YouTube and enjoying a totally free-to-view live stream. That’s the exact scenario that will play out here, and these are the links you’ll need to watch the tournament live.
- English: https://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo
- Polish: https://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo_pl
- Spanish: https://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo_es
- PT-BR: https://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo_br
- French: https://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo_fr
- Russian: https://www.twitch.tv/csgomc_ru
If you’re going to be taking part in a little CSGO betting, you’ll need to check the competition out as it plays. There are dynamic markets available, and the only way you’ll know how to pick your odds is by watching the tournament.
It’s one of the most exciting and highly-anticipated events in the CSGO landscape. If you’re a fan of the competition, then by all means, check it out.