Arena of Valor betting is only one of many examples that mobile esports are taking off. Not only are mobile games starting to look incredibly polished and have great graphics, but a lot of them enjoy a rich and thriving esports scene.
Arena of Valor is one of those games. Since the game was released back in 2016, it has constantly been growing in numbers and popularity, making AoV esports and Arena of Valor betting highly successful today. In this ultimate guide, we dive into how to grasp AoV online betting.
Best Arena of Valor Betting Sites & Bonuses
If you’re looking to place your first Arena of Valor bet, here are some Arena of Valor betting sites to consider:
How to Bet on Arena of Valor
Arena of Valor’s success has not gone unnoticed, and many esports betting sites have now incorporated AoV esports into their own websites. Nowadays, you’ll find many bookmakers offering competitive Arena of Valor odds for some of the bigger tournaments.
If you’re new to mobile gaming, but you know your way around esports betting, you should check out Arena of Valor betting. The AoV esports scene is highly competitive and there are many great teams fighting for great prizes, so you’ll have plenty of betting options to choose from.
Unsure where to start? Here are five steps to starting your first Arena of Valor betting experience:
- Create an account with an esports betting site – although one may be spoilt for choice when it comes to esports betting sites, it’s important to pick one which is both reliable and feature-rich and one which fits your betting style. Here at EsportsBets, we offera number of esports betting sites reviews to provide objective insight.
- Scout for bonuses and promos – naturally, one means that esports betting sites have used to attract new users is through bonuses and promos. Competing with one another allows for some awesome welcome bonuses and promos which will make the beginning of the journey that much easier.
- Deposit – depending on the esports betting site, it’s up to you to deposit using a number of payment options such as bank transfer, ewallets and Vis for example. Some esports betting sites also offer crypto betting too!
- Study up on markets – every esport is different and so are the betting markets. Bearing this in mind, you are better off learning the betting markets before diving blindly into them – more on this below in this Arena of Valor betting guide!
- Bet – once you’ve selected your preferred betting market, select the amount you want to bet against the particular odds. Congratulations, you’ve just placed your first Arena of Valor bet.
Arena of Valor Betting Markets
Like other multiplayer-online-battle-arena esports, Arena of Valor betting markets offer a wide range of betting opportunities to suit your particular style of betting. Speaking of which, one can bet using the usual websites or through novel esports betting apps on the go.
For those starting out with Arena of Valor betting, we’d recommend checking out standard bets. These bets are simple and involve betting on results using your intuition, with not much detailed in-game knowledge required. Here are examples of simple bets:
- Tournament outright odds – prior to an event kicking off, one can bet on one team to come out on top over all others with associated esports odds.
- Match outright odds – for each an every individual match, users can bet on the result – whether this involves one team winning or also a draw in certain cases.
- Handicap odds – when match odds tend to favour one team strongly over another, esports bookmakers tend to offer handicap odds to even the odds
For those with a more trained betting hand equipped with in-game knowledge, special/exotic/prop bets offer that extra detail. Examples of special bets for MOBAs include betting on the correct score, the match MVP, in-game events such as multi-kills, NPC interactions and game length. Well and truly, the depth of special bets depends on the creativity of esports bookmakers.
All of these betting markets are available either prior to a a tournament or match, what would be known as pre-match betting, or during the action live. Live betting is a new craze in the esports betting industry which elevates the viewership experience.
With the Arena of Valor betting markets at your fingertips, Arena of Valor betting is that much simpler.
Arena of Valor Betting Tips
Betting markets are nothing without some betting tips to consider also. Considering this, here are some tips to digest:
- HoK & AoV betting – one of the most essential distinctions to understand is that between HoK and AoV. Both titles are similar for the simple reason that Arena of Valor is an international adaptation of Honor of Kings, which is a Chinese version of the title. Both titles are respectable esports with separate betting markets and tournaments although they have merged on a couple of occasions.
- Getting up to speed with AoV – esports is an ongoing narrative of events and storylines. If you’re interested in esports betting, learning about the culture behind AoV as an esport is essential.
- Play the game – one sure way of learning how the game works is to play it yourself. Available on mobile app stores, the title is easy to learn and could be your next thrill.
- Bet smart – like for another betting, we recommend taking a disciplined and safe approach regardless of your status as a beginner or a veteran for your AoV bets.
- Upcoming AoV tournaments – tournaments come and go, so if you fancy AoV betting you’ll need to know when the top AoV tournaments are taking place.
Best AoV Tournaments
Let’s take a look at the best Arena of Valor tournaments below for Arena of Valor betting:
- Tier 2 – Garena Challenger Series, AoV Star League
Arena of Valor is especially popular in Vietnam, Thailand and Taiwan. For these regions, there are Tier 2 scenes with developing talent and seasonal league-style competitions in Winter and Spring.
- Regionals – Arena of Glory, RoV Pro League
Further up a notch, these regions also offer regional competitions, which are a step above as exemplified by Arena of Glory and RoV Pro League which recur yearly in Spring and Winter.
- Internationals – Arena of Valor International Championship, Arena of Valor Premier League
On an international level, the Arena of Valor Premier League gathers the best teams from the top regions to compete in a mid-season event, crowning a Winter Champion. Most recently this event offered a $500,000 prize pool.
At the end of the season, the AoV International Championship crowns an international champion – the best AoV team in the world that is cemented in the history books. Learn more in our AoV International Champoinship betting guide.
Notably, the Arena of Valor World Cup is a historic event for AoV esports, although it hasn’t been hosted in the past two years.
- S-Tier – Honor of Kings International Championship
Returning from last season, the Honor of Kings International Championship is a unique event where two separate esports unite together to compete under one roof.
With a staggering $10,000,000 on the line, there aren’t many events like this in the esports industry.
How is Arena of Valor Played?
For those of you who might not be familiar with the game, Arena of Valor is essentially a MOBA game much like League of Legends and Dota 2. In fact, one could argue that it’s a blatant copy of League of Legends for the most part, with some aspects taken from Dota 2. Arena of Valor is the international adaptation of Honor of Kings, which until early 2023, was restricted to the Chinese market. Honor of Kings betting is popular with fans of mobile games betting.
However, what makes Arena of Valor betting truly stand out is the fact that it’s purely a mobile esport. While LoL did eventually release a mobile version of their popular title, it came years later and it’s not nearly as popular as Arena of Valor is.
The game uses the same old 5v5 game mode in esports tournaments, but they also keep introducing other modes with fun and unique mechanics. Like other games in the genre, Arena of Valor offers a wide selection of heroes to choose from.
You have your usual tank, support, and dps heroes. DPS heroes are further categorized into warriors, assassins, mages, and marksmen. This means that you can expect flashy solo plays, as well as epic team fights.
How popular is Arena of Valor Betting?
Arena of Valor is one of the most popular mobile esports games today. The game has accumulated over 200 million players worldwide, and the numbers seem to be increasing each month – reflecting on the popularity of AoV betting.
While the game is available in both EU and NA, the majority of players are from Asia. This is also reflected in the Arena of Valor tournaments, which are mostly organised in China, Vietnam, Taiwan, and other Asian countries.
There are some Arena of Valor tournaments in the other regions of the world, but the rewards are much smaller, which means there’s less incentive for esports teams from the NA and EU region to compete.
Overall, AoV esports is thriving. Many PC games could only dream of achieving this level of success and raking in as much money as Arena of Valor does, which is the main reason we see the gaming industry shifting towards mobile gaming.
Arena of Valor Betting FAQ:
- Is Arena of Valor dead?
When asked the question whether Arena of Valor is dead, the answer is no, not at all. Arena of Valor has been here for over 5 years now, and during this time, it has enjoyed consistent growth both in terms of players and profit.
It is true that mobile games usually have a short lifespan, usually lasting several months to a year or two, after which they get shut down. This is mostly due to predatory microtransaction practices and the games usually being a quick cash grab, with no substance. Arena of Valor, however, is a top tier moba with a developed esports scene. It has been going strong for half a decade, and we expect it to continue on this trajectory.
- Which is better – Mobile Legends or Arena of Valor?
Although both games share many similarities, both being released the same year and both being in the moba genre, one will inevitably surpass the other.
In terms of esports, Arena of Valor has the edge. But in terms of overall game enjoyment, it comes down to personal preference. Some players enjoy AoV, some enjoy ML, and a certain group plays both.
If you’re invested into esports and enjoy placing a bet or two from time to time, Arena of Valor might be the choice for you. However, if you’re just looking for a mobile moba game to play in your own free time, then give both games a shot and then make the decision.
Image Credits: Garena