MSI 2023 started on May 2nd. The best League of Legends teams have been preparing for this tournament for quite a while now. In this piece, we are bringing you one step closer to the most important aspect of wagering on this event, that being MSI betting odds, so do not miss out on this piece and your chance to come out on top by utilizing our tips.
Bookmakers Offering the Best MSI Odds
In this section, we’ve compiled a list of our recommended betting sites:
When it comes to finding the best MSI odds, choosing the right bookmaker can make a big difference in your overall experience. You’ll want to use a site that not only offers competitive odds but also provides a user-friendly interface, a wide range of betting options, a convenient range of payment methods and reliable customer support.
What are MSI Odds?
Odds are very easy to explain. Basically, odds are nothing else but implied probabilities that certain events will occur. For instance, MSI odds have been put in place for various actions such as the tournament winner, team to reach the final, map winner of a particular bout, etc.
Image credit: Riot Games via Twitter (@LoLEsports)
When it comes to MSI betting, odds are influenced by various factors such as current form, quality of players competing, counter picks, and head-to-head ratio. With all of that in mind, you also need to be aware that the odds are always changing due to information that is released to the public.
Bookmakers Offering the Best MSI Betting Odds
The fact is, there are plenty of bookmakers out there that are not just offering LoL MSI winner odds, but they are also catering towards the daily activities this tournament brings to the table by providing both pre-match bets, and live betting opportunities.
Pinnacle MSI Odds
Pinnacle has always topped the charts when it comes to LoL MSI betting odds. On top of that, they are providing quite a few betting markets for this event and there is no denying that this operator should be the go-to platform for punters who are interested in betting on this League of Legends tournament. For more information, refer to our Pinnacle review.
GG.Bet MSI Odds
GG.bet has always been around big esports events by offering insane bonuses and competitive odds. They are doing the exact same thing for MSI 2023. This operator also made sure to provide customers with a direct live stream of this event alongside constantly updated LoL MSI betting odds. GG.Bet offers new users a welcome 100% deposit bonus of up to $/€300. To get more information about this bookie, make sure you go over our GG.bet review.
Thunderpick MSI Odds
Last but not least, we must mention Thunderpick – a betting site that comes with a lot of potential. Alongside impressive odds for this League of Legends event, Thunderpick is also catering for new customers by providing readers of EsportsBets a matched deposit bonus of up to $/€550. You’ll also find quite a few payment methods available, including cryptocurrencies. If you like what you have learned so far about this site, read our Thunderpick review to get even more information.
Analyzing MSI Odds and Lines
In order to stand a chance against betting sites, you need to learn how to analyze MSI odds and follow the line movement. By doing this successfully, you will find a lot of betting opportunities. Here are a couple of things you need to keep an eye out for when scouting for potential bets:
- Odds shifting – track the LoL odds movement over a certain period of time in order to see what the other punters are betting on. For instance, if a majority of bettors are placing a bet on T1 to win MSI 2023, then the odds will definitely change and not be as profitable for punters who failed to place their bets early on.
- Shopping for odds – the thing about betting is that betting sites are always offering different odds once compared to their competition. This is why it is in your best interest to sign u for an account with various operators in order to spot who offers the highest odds that you can utilize to maximize your profits.
- Head-to-head ratio – by taking a closer look at past matches, you will get a general idea of a team’s chances.
- Current form – when taking a look at the current form of teams competing in this LoL event, it is very important to use MSI power rankings in order to determine how teams are fairing against one another and how well they played in recent weeks.
Alongside the basics, there is more complex information you need to process in order to make smart bets. META is constantly shifting and it is likely that both Jinx and Gragas are getting the most attention. This is why certain players from Asian regions will thrive.
On top of that, we should also mention that Yuumi and Milio are not getting any love time since they have been disabled for this event. This will definitely affect some support players.
The Different Types of MSI Betting Odds You’ll See
Betting odds come in different forms, but they all lead to the same thing, they are just interpreted differently. Three main types of betting odds are decimal, fractional, and American.
- Decimal: Decimal odds are by far the most commonly used one. In our opinion, they are the easiest odds to understand. Basically, when using this type of odds, you are shown the total amount of money you can win per unit stake. The easiest way to calculate potential winnings is to multiply the stake with the decimal odds you got on your betting slip. Here is an example: if you bet €10 on T1 to win the event with the odds of 3.7, you can win a total of $37,50.
- Fractional: Bettors from the United Kingdom and Ireland are the only ones using fractional odds. The top (left) number stands for the potential profit while the bottom (right) number stands for the required stake. In order to calculate potential winnings, multiply the stake by the top (left) number and divide it by the bottom (right) number. Let’s go over an example together: For a $10 bet on an MSI team with 5/2 odds, potential winnings are $25($10 x 5/2).
- American: Also known as money line odds, American odds are mostly preferred by punters from the United States. These types of MSI betting odds either come with a positive or negative number, representing either the underdog or favorite, respectively. Positive odds show you how much you can win on a $100 bet, while negative odds present the amount you need to bet in order to win $100. Here is a simple example for you: Team A comes in with +200 odds. A $100 bet means that you are going to win $200 in profit. On the other hand, if one team has -150 odds, this means that you need to wager $150 to win $100.
Popular Types of MSI Bets
Since this is one of the most popular esports tournaments to bet on, there are plenty of betting options. Alongside LoL MSI winner odds, you can also find various other betting markets dedicated to both pre-match and live betting. Here is a list of the most popular types of MSI bets:
- Map Winner
- Map Handicap
- Correct Score
- Total Maps Played – Over/Under
- Team to Claim First Blod
- Team to Destroy the First Turret
- Champion to be Picked
- Map Duration – Over/Under
- Total Kills – Over/Under