It has been a busy year for Rainbow Six Siege esports, but the schedule isn’t ready to give up just yet. Between the 21st and the 27th of November, one of the final R6S tournaments of the year takes place – the Six Jönköping Major. It’s an event that will bring together sixteen of the greatest esports teams in the Rainbow Six scene, all fighting for the lion’s share of the $500,000 prize. Today, we’re bringing you a catch-all Six Jönköping Major 2022 betting guide to help you with your wagers.
At the last Major, which took place in August, Rogue was the victorious organisation, landing a $200k prize after demolishing FaZe Clan. Before that, in May’s Six Charlotte Major, DarkZero Esports stunned an unexpectant crowd by performing off the ultimate underdog upset, defeating Astralis to secure the top prize. This has already been a remarkable year for the platform, but the Six Jönköping Major could take the excitement one step further.
So, let’s jump into the Six Jönköping Major 2022 betting guide.
Six Jönköping Major 2022 Schedule and Format
For Rainbow Six betting fans, this is a tournament that cannot be missed. Fortunately, it boasts one of the simplest formats in esports, and it’s a remarkably short-form event. From start to finish, this event lasts just one week, but there’s plenty of excitement packed into those seven days. Here’s the Six Jönköping Major 2022 schedule breakdown:
Group Stage (November 21st – November 23rd)
- Four double round-robin groups, each with 4 teams (one from each region)
- Every team will have a different regional seed
- All matches are played with a best-of-one format
- Top two teams from each group advance to the next stage
Here’s a quick look at the breakdown for the Group Stage:
- Group A: CYCLOPS, Soniqs, MNM, Black Dragons
- Group B: TSM, Team Liquid, SANDBOX, Heroic
- Group C: w7m Esports, Team BDS, Spacestation, Fury
- Group D: Wolves Esports, Dire Wolves, FaZe Clan, Mirage
Playoffs Stage (November 25th – November 27th)
- Single-elimination bracket featuring randomised seeding
- All matches boast a best-of-three format, the Grand Final a best-of-five format (with no map advantage)
This is arguably as basic as it gets when it comes to esports events, and it still manages to rank as one of the best Rainbow Six tournaments. For this event, we’d recommend that esports bettors follow the tournament and take advantage of the competitive, top-tier betting markets found on Thunderpick esports. It’s one of the most popular platforms in the business, and you’ll find a diverse range of Rainbow Six odds throughout the duration of the entire event.
Six Jönköping Major 2022 Teams
At the time of writing this Six Jönköping Major 2022 betting guide, there are still some slots yet to be filled. However, the vast majority of the Six Jönköping Major 2022 teams are confirmed, qualified, and locked in, ready and eager to compete at the tournament. These organisations make up some of the best Rainbow Six Siege teams in the business, and they’re all capable of producing a huge upset and walking away with the $200,000 grand prize in November.
Here’s the breakdown of the teams competing at the Six Jönköping Major:
- Team BDS (EU, recently won the $1.2m Gamers8 event in Riyadh)
- Wolves Esports (EU, third Major qualification since joining R6S esports in May 2022)
- TSM (NA, won the Six Invitational in February 2022)
- Soniqs (NA, top-tier NAL team consistently)
- Spacestation Gaming (NA, won the Six Invitational in 2020, seeking a resurgence)
- Mirage (NA, determined underdog seeking victory at its first Major)
- w7m Esports (LATAM, seeking to climb up from a fourth-place finish at the Berlin Major)
- Team Liquid (LATAM, lots of high finishes in recent months, looking to snatch the top spot)
- FaZe Clan (LATAM, iconic organisation that won the last Major held in Sweden)
- Black Dragons e-Sports (LATAM, underdog side with a long history but few wins)
- CYCLOPS (APAC, small-tier organisation from Japan looking to go big)
- MNM Gaming (EU, no big wins, seeking to be the underdog in this event)
- SANDBOX Gaming (APAC, South Korean team attending its third Major)
- Dire Wolves (APAC, looking for redemption from a 9th-place Charlotte Major finish)
- FURY (APAC, smallest organisation in the tournament, first-ever Major)
At the heart of this Six Jönköping Major 2022 betting guide should be the ultimate tip – which team will win the entire event? This year, it’s hard to call, but we’re looking at Team BDS or TSM this time around. In terms of an underdog side, we’re liking the look of Wolves Esports. Since entering R6S esports in May 2022, the org has been performing quite well.
Six Jönköping Major 2022 Odds: Betting with Thunderpick
If you’re eager to throw down a few wagers on the Six Jönköping Major, we’d wholeheartedly recommend doing so with Thunderpick. It’s a safe, reputable, and competitive platform, and if you’re a forward-thinking, digital bettor, crypto betting with Thunderpick offers a fantastic experience overall. If you’re totally new to the platform, consider taking advantage of any Thunderpick promo codes that are running when you sign up, as it’s a great way to boost your betting odds and deposits.
On any esports betting site, the Six Jönköping Major 2022 odds will be relatively simple to understand. Traditionally, Rainbow Six Siege betting markets are quite basic, but they’re still exciting to play. Typically, most R6S bettors will gravitate toward the outright winner markets, attempting to determine which team will win a given fixture – or the tournament overall. However, that’s not to say that there aren’t some more exotic markets to be found or some in-play markets to be uncovered.
How to Watch the Six Jönköping Major
As this is an international tournament, there are streams made readily available in a wide range of languages. It’s an accessible event that is broadcasted over both Twitch and YouTube, so there’s generally going to be a stream to suit your needs. If you’re placing wagers and getting involved with Rainbow Six betting, it’s highly advisable to watch at least some of the tournament as it unfolds live.
Typically, esports betting sites, including Thunderpick, will offer embedded streaming widgets on their platforms. This means that you can watch and bet on the gameplay without needing to balance two platforms at the same time. Here are the links you’ll need to watch the Six Jönköping Major:
That brings an end to our Six Jönköping Major 2022 betting guide – we wish you the best of luck with your wagers!