League of Legends – LoL – is one of the biggest esports in the world. The year-long competitive scene culminates with the League of Legends World Championship (Worlds). We will be updating our LoL predictions and betting tips accordingly as we move closer to the event.
LoL boasts a player base across the world with millions of fans cheering on their favorite teams. League of Legends is leading the charge towards a digital future where professional competitive gaming stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the likes of football and other traditional sports.
One of the most engaging and entertaining aspects of traditional sports, of course, is betting. Fans can choose to add extra spice to their entertainment by raising the stakes. With five franchised leagues and twelve competitive regions, the LoL ecosystem is vast and full of opportunities. Additionally, global events like the Mid-Season Invitational and League of Legends World Championship add an additional layer to a packed yearly calendar.
Predicting the outcome of the many facets of Worlds takes a lot of know-how and preparation. Luckily, our dedicated team of analysts will be there to go through all the stats. We’d then bring you the best picks and predictions before the event kicks off. We will also provide you with predictions throughout the event all the way to the Finals.
Do keep in mind we maintain a separate LoL Worlds Betting section with specific tips on how to optimize your betting experience.
LoL Worlds 2022 Outright Winner Odds
As we move closer to the event, bookies will offer an outright winner odds betting market. These odds indicate the likelihood of a team being named as the outright winner of LoL Worlds, and they are calculated based on a number of different factors.
LoL Worlds 2022 Predictions: Favourites and Underdogs
As LoL Worlds 2022 draws closer, we’ll take a look at some of the LoL Worlds 2022 predictions and see which teams have the best LoL betting potential. The top LoL competitive teams in the world will be competing for a huge prize pool, and everyone will want a piece of that pie.
League of Legends Betting Tips for Beginners
- The first step in betting on League of Legends is to understand the rules of the game. It has a moderately high barrier to entry for the uninitiated, but after a few games most people will be able to understand the basic flow. A quick catch-up would be to download the game (it’s free, so why not) and go through its tutorial and play a few games to get familiar with its core mechanics.
- After watching a few games, bettors should start getting a sense of the relative strengths between different teams. This is important as it informs how they’ll perform in the future: a crucial part when making picks or predictions.
- Refer often to the standings to get an idea of how teams generally perform and use that information. It’s generally a bad idea to bet on the last-place team with no wins to beat the top undefeated team!
- On that note, bettors should be conservative when starting out. Many bookmaker sites provide bonuses for first-time users to help get them started out. Use that initial bonus wisely as a learning opportunity. Bet small on reasonable outcomes and become familiar with the different options available.
- Once familiar with the basics, bettors can now move on to the more complex parts of League of Legends betting. A good reference to get them up to speed is the following specialized betting advice.
Specialized Betting Tips and Tricks
- The main trick is to choose the proper outcome and the best LoL odds.
- Keep in mind that there is a huge difference margin in coefficients between different providers.
- You can select different outright outcomes at different providers to maximize your winnings or protect your wagers.
LoL Betting Picks vs Predictions
“Picks” and “predictions” are terms with specific meanings in betting. It is crucial that bettors become familiar with the differences.
- “Picks” are relevant for fans who want to become involved in daily fantasy sports. The “picks” refer to the players that fans will want to draft for their fantasy rosters. These rosters then accumulate points based on the real players’ performances in that week’s matches. Those who accumulate the most points or meet other challenges are the winners.
Of note in LoL esports is the Fantasy LCS, a fantasy league that sources from the North American domestic league. Hosted on fantasy sports website DraftKings, the Fantasy LCS is different from traditional sports betting and thus falls under different regional laws.
- “Predictions” refers to the classic betting processes in which bettors will place money on the outcomes of matches. These outcomes can be things like the winner of the match or which team secures the first blood. Predictions are relevant more for general bookmakers that can be found on websites such as GG.Bet.
Bettors living in the United States should take note of their state’s relevant betting laws. We recommend American bettors refer to DraftKings’ League of Legends section for their picks or their predictions. This is because DraftKings is one of the few legal bookmakers that can operate in most states in the US.
Now that bettors know which path they’d like to pursue between picking or predicting, they can start getting into the nitty-gritty details of betting. These tips will help new bettors get a grasp of the basic fundamentals of League of Legends and how to navigate the betting space.
How to Use Our LoL Esports Predictions
So, now bettors have all of this relevant knowledge. How do they use it to enhance their betting experience?
One way to test it out is by trying riskier bets with higher League of Legends odds. The larger the odds, the bigger the potential payout for getting the correct prediction. For example, if the odds are 1.4 that Team Liquid wins a match, then any bet which correctly predicts Team Liquid as the winner will win back 140% of their buy-in (e.g. a €1.00 bet becomes a €1.40 return). The smaller the odds are closer to 1, and bettors will win a smaller percentage on the return for correct predictions.
By following the specialized advice, bettors should get a sense for the best bets to place in order to maximize their payouts. Using the provided information to supplement their own knowledge means clever bettors can even outmaneuver the bookmakers by placing a big bet on a match with high odds.
That said, we encourage bettors to double-check their betting slips before confirming. The provided predictions will be accurate at the time of writing but odds may change in the intervening time.
We also encourage bettors to play responsibly for fun, and not overdo it. Betting should be used sparingly as an enhancer to sports entertainment, and not entertainment in and of itself.
Part of betting responsibly is ensuring that bettors are playing with the best bookmakers available to them.
How to Select the Right Bookie
As a bettor, when picking a bookmaker, you should always:
- First check the rules and regulations on betting in your country or state of residence.
- Make sure the bookmaker can legally operate in your region of residence.
- Stick to bookmakers with good reputations that offer reasonable odds and good customer service.
- Do your own research and double-check your options before committing to a bookmaker.
To aid you in this process, we have provided a ranking of various esports betting sites. These sites are based on games/matches offered in esports, bonuses available, deposit options, customer service, and overall user value.
You should now be ready to take on the League of Legends world of betting! There’s a lot that bettors should be aware of when starting, and it can seem overwhelming. It is, however, a worthy investment for dedicated sports fans who enjoy betting as a supplement to their viewing experience. Hopefully, with our help, fans are now ready to amplify their entertainment from League of Legends matches one betting slip at a time.