The Dota 2 community is looking forward to The International 2023 (also referred to as TI12 or TI 2023) scheduled for Oct. 12-29, 2023 in Seattle. On this page, find out everything there is to know about Dota 2 The International betting, where and how to bet online.
Where to Bet on Dota 2 The International 2023
The best betting sites for The International 2023 are GG.Bet, BC.Game and Thunderpick. Check below to look at information on welcome bonuses – you’ll see which one is best for you!
How to Bet on Dota 2 The International
Here are the steps on how to start Dota 2 The International betting:
- Simply sign up with any one of the top sportsbooks listed above.
- Create your account by filling in the registration form.
- Once in the site’s lobby, navigate to the Deposit/Wallet page.
- Complete any verification requirements such as submitting identification documents.
- Make your first deposit using a promo code where necessary.
- Go to the Dota 2 markets, and review the wagers and TI12 odds.
- Place your Dota 2 TI bets!
TI12 Betting Markets
Here are the most common Dota 2 betting markets you’ll find:
- Match winner: Simply put – who will win a game in The International? This includes individual teams, such as a match between Tundra Esports and Team Liquid.
- Outright bets: This is one of the simplest forms of betting, a bet placed on the outcome of the event – the winner.
- Totals: This is where you bet on how many times something happens in a Dota 2 game, such as kills, assists or structures destroyed.
- In-game bets: These are prop bets that could see you predicting things like who will get the first blood, who will kill Roshan and item timings such as a potential BKB patch record.
- Fantasy betting: Some betting sites even let you try fantasy betting, where you get to assemble your own teams to compete with other players. Dota 2 TI fantasy betting is a great way to enjoy the action against friends.
Finding the best bookmakers for your TI12 betting
All good sites that have esports betting will offer Dota 2 The International betting, but there can be quite a lot of variation in the quality of these betting sites. This is why we have taken the time to rank and rate each esports betting site to see which is the best for betting on The International. It’s worth mentioning that in 2022, GG.BET was the official betting partner for The International, so it’s a sportsbook that is very much embedded in the Dota 2 esports betting scene.
Get a Dota 2 TI 2023 betting bonus
We can’t talk about Dota The International betting without mentioning bonuses. Most Dota 2 betting sites will put on promotions for new and existing customers that can make your TI12 betting so much more enjoyable.
Here are some of the most common deals that you might find:
- Matched deposit bonuses: These give you more promo credit depending on how much you deposit. This credit can then be used as stakes for your Dota 2 bets.
- Matched bet offers: Similar to matched deposit bonuses with the difference that you’ll have to put down a certain kind of bet to get your bonus credit.
- Losing bet refunds: These will simply refund any losses made with site credit or even cash. They’re a great way to get some insurance when betting on The International.
Finding the most competitive odds for Dota The International 2023
We’ve already said that Dota 2 The International betting is hugely popular and you’ll get odds at almost all online bookmakers. So how do you know that you’re betting with the best Dota 2 odds?
1. Use our recommended esports betting sites
We carry out odds comparison tests for each bookmaker we review. This means that you can sign up for any of our featured esports betting sites and know that it will have passed the test for serving up relentlessly competitive The International odds.
Sign up with one of our reviewed Dota 2 TI betting sites and you’ll enjoy a superior way of betting on this massive esports contest:
2. Find value in the best Dota 2 betting markets
If you want to bet on those teams who are at the top of the TI standings, you’ll probably find that the odds for them to win each match are going to be fairly low. However, if you play around with some of the alternative betting markets, like totals and in-game bets, you might find greater variety in the odds on offer.
3. Try live betting on The International
Most, if not all, sportsbooks will offer Dota 2 TI12 betting live. This is where you bet after the game has begun, and the odds will change with each play of the game.
It can often be a good way of finding greater value with your bets to wait just a couple of minutes into any game in The International.
4. Don’t forget those odds boosts
We should mention the fact that many bookmakers serve up odds boosts for the top esports tournaments, which should certainly include TI! This is simply where you get enhanced Dota 2 TI betting odds for specific markets. An easy way to get more value with your Dota 2 TI bets.
An EsportsBets Retrospective on the TI Winners
The International gathers together each year’s top Dota 2 team, who’ll be fighting hard to pick up their share of the TI12 prize pool.
The winner for 2022 managed to pick up a share of a prize pool that was just shy of $19 million. The prize pool for 2022 was crowdfunded as Valve sold a digital compendium called the Battle Pass, where 25% of all revenue went straight into the prize pool. In 2023, Valve announced changes to the crowdfunded component of the prize pool.
All About The International Prize Pool…
Find here all the important developments on the the TI12 prize pool.
The International Hall of Fame
We’ve got a full breakdown of past Dota 2 TI winners here. This is the place where you’ll see who has shown incredible resolve to win this toughest of esports tournaments. However, here’s a quick overview of previous International winners:
Who are the Strongest Teams at TI?
There are 20 top Dota 2 TI teams taking part in this year’s event. At the time of writing this Dota 2 TI betting guide, all of the participating teams have been announced.
These are the teams that have made it to TI this year according to their seeding:
|Dota Pro Circuit||Team Liquid, Gaimin Gladiators, Tundra Esports, 9Pandas, Evil Geniuses, PSG.LGD, Shopify Rebellion, Talon Esports, beastcoast, Team Spirit, TSM, BetBoom Team|
|SA Qualifier||Keyd Stars, Thunder Awaken|
|WEU Qualifier||Entity, Quest Esports|
|CN Qualifier||Azure Ray|
|Southeast Asia||Team SMG|
Knowing where to start is the hardest part of any Dota 2 The International betting journey.
Here is an overview of some of the strongest teams considered as having the best chance of winning The International this year:
As the leading team from the Dota Pro Circuit, Team Liquid is an obvious favorite for TI 2023. In addition, they hail from the most competitive region, Western Europe, where they walked away as winners of both Tour 1 and Tour 2 of DPC WEU.
However, Team Liquid fans may be feeling a little nervous since they placed second in Lima, Berlin and Bali this year, falling to Gaimin Gladiators each time. They also came second again at the Riyadh Masters, this time losing out to Team Spirit. Otherwise, with a history of placing in the top four at The International, this could still be their year.
As this year’s defending champions, the winners of The International 2022, Tundra has remained competitive and ranked third through the Dota Pro Circuit.
Staying around the top of WEU, falling consistently to Team Liquid, they are a favourite here thanks to the fact that they are defending champions. No one has managed to meet OG’s record for 2 consecutive TI wins in a row, perhaps Tundra will be the team to do it!
Our third team from WEU is also another massive favorite, Gaimin Gladiators. They may have not won the regional DPC tours, but they won a total of six S-Tier events this year: the Lima Major, DreamLeague Seasons 19 and 20, the ESL One Berlin Major, the Bali Major and the BetBoom Dacha.
Gaimin Gladiators were painfully close to finishing first in the Dota Pro Circuit 2023 season (GG: 2,140 points, Liquid: 2,150 points), a win at TI this year could cement one of the most dominant seasons ever for a team. No team has ever won a Major and gone in to win TI in the same year. Are GG about to change that?
As the top team from China, PSG.LGD (now renamed to LGD Gaming) finds its place on our Dota 2 TI power rankings. Although not as dominant as they used to be in the past, internationally, they have remained the consistent regional favorites.
Most recently, at DreamLeague Season 20, they managed to place third. LGD Gaming didn’t take part in DreamLeague season 21 so teams will have a hard time knowing what to expect from them come TI time.
Rounding off our list of predictions is the top team from the EEU region, 9Pandas is a fresh new name for the former HellRaisers roster.
Thanks to an early strong start in the season in their respective region, 9Pandas has also stayed strong towards the end of the season, placing in the top 7 at the three most recent events, they consistently compete with the best in the game.
While these five teams are noteworthy favourites, there’s always the potential for big upsets at The International. If there’s anything we know after so many years, is that there’s always an exciting storyline to look forward to.
Read more on TI teams…
The above teams are those teams who have managed to pick up enough Dota 2 TI points from their gameplay across the previous eight months of the Dota Pro Circuit (DPC). This is the main season where teams have to earn points which are used to get a direct invite to The International.
The DPC features Valve Majors and Minors, which are officially sponsored contests where each team has to show their worth to pick up those all-important points. However, Valve have now announced that there will be no more DPC tournaments. They’re returning to the good ol’ days of third party tournaments that will secure invitations to TI. These tournaments are another great opportunity to take part in Dota 2 TI betting.
Read our analysis of the Dota 2 Heroes at The International.
Format and Schedule 2023: Structure & Dota TI Locations
This year, there were 12 teams who picked up top rankings and earned a direct invite to The International.
After this, there were six qualifying playoff brackets that were held in September. These Qualifiers saw the winners of different regions like Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, China, South America and Southeast Asia booking their slots to The International.
We’ve prepared a handy guide that shows you the full Dota 2 TI schedule. But we’ll give you the basics here to get you started.
This year, there are two Dota 2 TI locations that both take place in Seattle.
Following the Group Stage, the two venues are as follows:
- Seattle Convention Center’s Summit – Playoffs Weekend – October 20-22, 2023
- Climate Pledge Arena – Finals Weekend – October 27-29, 2023
TI Group Standings & Brackets for 2023
Each year’s tournament will see the competing teams getting split up into the various Dota 2 TI brackets.
Firstly, the Group Stage split into two Phases, followed by a Main Event Bracket:
- A typical group stage with four groups of five – teams compete in a BO2 single round-robin.
- From this stage, only the top four teams move on to Phase Two with a particular seeding.
- Fifth placed teams are eliminated.
- The top two teams from each group face either 3rd or 4th placed teams from the opposite group (AvsB, CvsD).
- Eight BO3 head-to-head matches determine which eight teams move on to the Main Event Bracket.
- Winners seed into the Upper Bracket, Losers seed into the Lower Bracket.
- Final sixteen teams compete in a double elimination with BO3 matches.
- Concludes with an epic BO5 Grand Final.
Betting on Dota 2 The International
If you’ve made it this far, you’ll understand that Dota 2 The International betting is a Super Bowl moment for esports. With potentially one of the largest prize pools, a massive viewing audience and 20 awesome teams taking part, you’re going to have a great time enjoying some quality Dota 2 The International betting. This means that you should keep checking back to this page to get updated information about this fascinating tournament.
After all, things will be changing in the run-up to the tournament itself, and we can expect to see things like the power rankings and bookmaker odds getting adjusted in correspondence to the on-screen carnage.
Thankfully, we’ll be here to offer updates on all that’s going down in Seattle. So bookmark this page, double-check how to watch TI 2023 and look forward to putting down some awesome bets on Dota 2 The International 2023!
Remember that gambling is a form of entertainment – an enhanced way of enjoying The International. Always gamble responsibly, within your means, and do not chase losses. Reach out to one of the many organizations helping persons with problem gambling if your gambling is no longer just a form of entertainment.